spirit and kids

we are booked to go on the carnival spirit later this year, tell me about the spirit with kids please.

thanks in advance

Carnival seem to be one of the better for kids.

Carnival seem to be one of the better for kids.

Carnival Spirit has all that thrill seeker stuff up top, waterslides etc, so my neighbours tell me, they have been on Spirit a few times with their rug rats. We were on Spirit in 2005, Hawaii to Alaska when she was a Yankee ship, mainly adults, no mini Disneyland up top then.

Carnival used to call their sea days 'Fun Day at Sea.'

Edited by NSWP

The Spirit is a perfect ship for kids. My son (14) loved it and we really only saw him for meals and that was because we made him eat with us. He is good at making new friends so was not daunted by going to club all by himself. If your kids are shyer they might take longer to adjust but there is so much to do to keep them entertained esp teenagers who really just want to hang out with people their own age. You have picked a good ship for kids. Also if they like pizza, you have REALLY picked the right ship!

Food for thought: it is posible that the initial enquiry was intended to be to the contrary - can kids be avoided on the Spirit???;)

Phil

hello ned,

no we are taking our grand children on a cruise on the spirit and I just wanted to know about the spirit with children on it. we are going early nov 2016

will there be plenty to do etc etc, these children are well brought up and don't run wild.but do others.

also do you know if carnival do an alcoholic beverage package down under as yet

thank you

As you are outside school holidays I would expect you will have enough other kids on the ship for your grandkids to have a great time but not so many that you are overrun. Carnival do cater to families so you can expect there would be a number of kids on board and they do tend to get excited and run everywhere but I guess it depends on whether you let that bother you. I never had problems with them being in the halls at night keeping us awake or anything like that but they are in plentiful supply around the pools. If you need to escape them, the adult only area is excellent and they do keep it kid free.

I have only been once on the Carnival Spirit last year from Singapore to Sydney.

Unfortunately on that cruise there were a group of 11 to 14 year olds that were poorly parented and allowed to run wild sitting up a bars, being rude to staff, yelling and screaming in the hallways knocking on doors etc.

From talking to other parents who were also shocked at such poor behaviour was that Camp Carnival which caters for under 11s has heaps of activities to do and keeps little minds engaged and having fun.

The next group is basically sitting around playing XBox which I guess that becomes a bit boring when you have a whole ship to run around unsupervised and to do what they want. Probably for the first time in there life.

I am the parent of a 15 year old girl and there is no way I would allow her to sit up in bars or run around on her own. One of our neighbours was on the same cruise and her 18 year old son was constantly being pursued by 16/17 year old girls who he called jailbait wanting him to buy them drinks.

One night at 1 pm it got so bad that I rang the security guard he arrived quite quickly and found that there were 7 kids in the room that had been left unattended whilst the mums and dads were out drinking. I wish I had done it sooner as I had no more trouble after that.

Apart from that the food was excellent Made to Order Burgers, Mexican and Pizza, Self Serve Icecream.

Desi the maitre de in the Restaurant was so welcoming she knew everyone by name, all the waitstaff had smiles on their faces more then happy to please. If we couldn't make up our mind up what we wanted they would bring us both.

Josh who was the cruise director was the best we have ever had.

I hope I have not scared you off that was not my intention I suggest that anyone that has any problem with fellow passengers take it up with security they will do something.

I have been on the Spirit three times. First time my daughters were 4 and 7, same the second time and last year at 6 and 9.

They loved it. End of story!

The kids will be in different groups, 6-8 and 9-11.

I think the 6-8's had the best group! They met in different areas of the ship and did so many activities. The 9-11's also did great activities, sports tournaments, scavenger hunts, magic lessons, and heaps more.

You need to sign the kids in each time they go AND show your Sign and Sail card. To sign them out you must also have your card. No card no kid! Not 100% sure, but I think you can have up to 4 adults on the pick up up list.

For the 9 and ups, you can sign a waiver and give them permission to sign themselves out. At first we didn't. Although this was the 3rd cruise we had done, I wasn't too sure about that responsibility. But then found out the she can't do the scavenger hunt. So we had a little chat and decided that she could. BUT as soon as she signed out she had to go to our room, check our "mailbox." Here I would have written, we are on the top deck reading, we are in the atrium and so on. She would then come and find us. I was worried at first, but I saw how much fun she had on the hunts and won a "ship on a stick" and medals.

Dining room was fantastic. Kids menu, but they could eat of the main as well. They want more food, coming right up, extra dessert, of course you can! Waiters are fantastic, they searched us out when they were working in the Lido Buffet everyday. Very attentive and after the first night even had the girls drinks on the table waiting for them!

We got the bubbles package (unlimited soft drinks and juices) was just easier for them to grab a drink when they wanted. They loved going up the the bar and asking for a drink! They even began learning how to say thanks in each nationality (says it on the staff badges).

Waterslides, mini golf, arcade.....................

Any questions please feel free to ask me!