Did you order a drink package?

Jojo325

Did you purchase a drink package? If so- do you feel you got your money worth? Did you find it convenient ? Or Did you feel you didn't drink enough to even make it worth it? Please tell me your opinions and experience with a drink package!

Thank you :)

I just buy the soda package. I am embarrassed to admit how much diet cherry pepsi I drink. Of course, on the cruise it's diet coke. Even though it's expensive, I love the convenience of getting poolside service and service in the theater, etc. Overall, I KNOW I get my money's worth.

I'm not sure which type of 'drink package' you're asking about but here's out experience from our trip this summer on Celebrity.

My teen boys & I got the Premium non-alcoholic package. This included sodas, water bottles, smoothies & coffee.

I think it was $18 -20 per day. For us totally worth it. I love to drink lattes, so I'd have at least 2 per day which alone was around $10 I'd have a soda with dinner, but the biggest was the water bottles. I'd constantly have a water bottle with me & we could also get them prior to getting off the ship at port. My boys are teens, so they'd get a coffee some mornings or after dinner. They like to have the NA drink of the day. They'd also have soda with dinner.

My dh got the basic alcohol package, which on Celebrity includes beer/wine & mixed drinks. I think its $45 a day also. For him it's worth it. Again he can get sodas & whatever drinks. He normal drinks rum & coke which I believe runs $7 or so. He's a big guy so it's really nothing for him to have several drinks.

The other thing I really liked is I paid for it all up front so I was able to really narrow down my budget for the trip & not have any big surprises at the end.

We've purchased alcohol drink packages 2 times. The first time we used it a lot and was totally worth it. 2nd time was def not worth it. It was $55/day and my drinks were all $5.5-$7. Definitely didn't drink enough each day to hit the $55 per day average. The soda deal is great but unless you're drinking a lot then for us it's better to pay as we go

We buy Celebrity's premium package, but never intend to drink "our money's worth". We buy it for the convenience.

No signing, no keeping up with slips, no wondering what our bill will be at the end of the cruise......freedom to try something new, being able to do a wine pairing with dinner, being able to grab a water as we leave for an excursion, grab a water while at the pool.....

You get the idea. No need to feel like you have to drink through your entire cruise. :)

We've purchased alcohol drink packages 2 times. The first time we used it a lot and was totally worth it. 2nd time was def not worth it. It was $55/day and my drinks were all $5.5-$7. Definitely didn't drink enough each day to hit the $55 per day average. The soda deal is great but unless you're drinking a lot then for us it's better to pay as we go

We didn't purchase any package on Carnival. We sent ourselves a couple bottles through Bon Voyage so we had plenty of alcohol. Brought a 12 pack or 2 I can't remember and we had plenty of soda. Bought a couple specialty drinks or drinks of the day and used those glasses the remaining cruise. Well worth the extra effort for us for the money we saved! Allowed us to spend it on other things.

We purchased the Ultimate Beverage Package on Norwegian. It was $788 for 2 people for a 7 day cruise. That was well worth it for us - I tried all sorts of drinks I wouldn't normally try and loved having it. Did I break even? Who knows - I've spent more on booze on a 7 day, I've spent less (I think - but not by much). For me, it was knowing what it will cost, it was easy and I loved being able to try a drink and not feel guilty for not finishing it if I didn't like it.

We purchased the Ultimate Beverage Package on Norwegian. It was $788 for 2 people for a 7 day cruise. That was well worth it for us - I tried all sorts of drinks I wouldn't normally try and loved having it. Did I break even? Who knows - I've spent more on booze on a 7 day, I've spent less (I think - but not by much). For me, it was knowing what it will cost, it was easy and I loved being able to try a drink and not feel guilty for not finishing it if I didn't like it.

I totally agree with this. I know how much we've spent in the past on a normal cruise for drinks, which made the choice easy.