Will I make a 4pm tour with a 3pm San Juan arrival on Celebrity Silhouette?

brent213

Hi,

I'm thinking of reserving a 4pm Seqway tour with "Segway Tours of Puerto Rico". They are located at Pier 2.

What are the chances of making in time?

We are staying in a suite that promises "Priority debarkation".

Thanks for the help.

Brent

San Juan is NOT a tender port, no need to worry about priority debarkation.

With a mid-afternoon arrival there is such a mad rush for the gangway that many cruiselines use a ticket system similar to that at tender ports for disembarking. Suite priority will be quite helpful.

As for the tour: if all or most on the tour are from your ship the operator certainly will wait for you if there is a delay in arrival or clearance of the ship. But if there are a lot of ships in port that day and your scheduled tour time has a mix from several of them, maybe not. In any case there is always a risk in booking a private tour if they require full pre-payment and limit or prohibit refunds for cancellation or no-show.

At all the ports we have been to, we always tell the tour company ahead of time that we are sailing on whatever ship. Most their customers are coming from ships, so if the ships are late they will not leave without you. If they left too many customers behind, especially Cruise Critics their reviews and business would suffer! We always carry their phone number as well so we can call them if it looks like we will not make our agreed upon time.

On another note, you will love the Segway tour! Friends of ours did it and loved it! Our favorite spot in OSJ is El Morro and the cemetery next door. Such a gorgeous setting! Have fun!

Lauri

Hi,

I'm thinking of reserving a 4pm Seqway tour with "Segway Tours of Puerto Rico". They are located at Pier 2.

What are the chances of making in time?

We are staying in a suite that promises "Priority debarkation".

Thanks for the help.

Brent

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should ask this question on the Celebrity board. There will be more people there who have taken this cruise and can answer your question.

As for the priority disembarkation -- we always stay in suites and have this option. But we have never been given tickets or anything like that for a mid-afternoon arrival in any port. You should also ask this question on the Celebrity board as I do not know what Celebrity does.

You should be fine. Just make sure your Segway vendor knows you are cruise ship passengers. Give the vendor your cell #; have a # for them. These vendors make money off cruise ship passengers & they all know the power of CC; they will work with you even if you are running late.

Docking at 3, we made it all the way to Bacardi for their last tour.

Edited by trish1c