Hot chocolate questions in alaska

cigarboo

Hello everyone. I'm new to ncl and am going to alaska on Pearl this summer. I've heard that hat chocolate is free...is it free just on glacier bay day, or anytime? Is it available at the beverage station, sort of self serve packets? What brand?(don't like nestle) I saw the drink menu for glacier bay and thought it was something like $6 for regular hot chocolate(non alcohol). Is it just a charge when you pre-order? I'm just trying to figure out if I should bring my own. Thanks!

In 2012 it was Nestle packets available in the buffet. Later in the week it was a no name brand if I recall.

You can get it in the java café, but I'm not sure of the brand, or how they make it there.

Plenty of hot water for tea and hot chocolate in the buffet. Bring your own packets, I guess. You will definitely want some, especially sitting outside during Glacier Bay day.

I think it was Nestles packets. However, I really liked them. However, in addition to the hot water, I poured in a moderate amount of half n half that was available at the hot water station. But otherwise, yea, bring your own.

Not sure about the hot chocolate in the buffet but we were on the Sun last year and you could pre-order hot chocolate and other special hot drinks the night before going to Glacier Bay. It was $6 for the hot chocolate and came in an insulated NCL travel mug that you could keep as a souvenir. I didn't really pay attention to the other drinks, but the hot chocolate was good. Hope that helps.

Thank you all for your reply. I will definitely bring my own. We're a Swiss miss kind of family. I will also bring apple cider packets for my allergic son:) I just can't wait. We are so very excited about alaska and ncl.

I don't remember the brand but we brought several packets back to our room from the buffet and used the coffee pot to heat the water and made hot chocolate whenever we wanted it while cruising Glacier Bay. No need to keep heading back to the buffet for hot water. We still talk about drinking on the balcony and the gorgeous views.

Depending on the weather you might end up wanting a nice cold glass of chocolate milk..lol. A couple years ago in May we were in Glacier Bay. Early it was cold and foggy but quickly the fog burned off and it was sunny and got very warm. Lots of people in shorts and tshirts. We got a sunburn..lol. It was so beautiful! :D