Allure MDR dress for tween

iheartdopey

We are taking our first cruise next month on the Allure, and I have a question about what would be appropriate for a 12 year old boy to wear for formal and casual dinners. First of all, we will be traveling on a school field trip to FL for 9 days before the cruise, so I don't want to pack much more for the cruise. As it is, we'll already have at least 2 large suitcases so packing space is limited. Will my son be out of place if he takes black jeans/polo shirts for formal night, and blue jeans/tshirt for casual nights? He would have to wear sneakers though since I'm trying to keep us to 3 pairs of shoes each and that includes 2 pairs of sneakers, and a pair of sandals/flip flops.

Thank you!

Actually, jeans are much heavier to pack and way too hot for Florida and the Caribbean IMO, so you might want to reconsider and bring lightweight chinos. In any event, while children are expected to follow the same clothing guidelines as adults, as long as he isn't in shorts he will be allowed into the dining room.

Jeans are too hot for Florida and the Caribbean this time of year. Khakis are the way to go. All shirts for the MDR should have a collar.

I understand your packing problem but I would make a laundromat stop before boarding the ship . We often go on extended trips and do some wash along the way. I would much rather spend a little time washing/drying clothes than lugging huge suitcases around and making sure we are not losing anything or packing dirty clothes in with the clean (DS) 😱.