NOLA Sheraton Property?

karinad

Which Sheraton Property would be a better location for post-cruise? Sheraton New Orleans on Canal St. or Four Points Sheraton French Quarters on Bourbon St.

We're staying 2 nights.

Thanks!

The Bourbon Street location is branded a 4 Points by Sheraton which is the limited service brand in the Starwood hotel chain. The Sheraton on Canal is a ginormous 45 story convention hotel that is centrally located. They both have pros and cons. What are you planning to do while in town? What is the price difference between to the properties? How many people will be in the room?

The Bourbon Street location is branded a 4 Points by Sheraton which is the limited service brand in the Starwood hotel chain. The Sheraton on Canal is a ginormous 45 story convention hotel that is centrally located. They both have pros and cons. What are you planning to do while in town? What is the price difference between to the properties? How many people will be in the room?

Since it's our first time NOLA we're not sure what we'll try to do in just 2 days. The 4 Points Sheraton is less money, but we plan on using points and they're both the same amount . There's also Le Meridian on Poydras St. that's the same amt of points, but more money. That description says it's a few steps from the action.

Since it's our first time NOLA we're not sure what we'll try to do in just 2 days. The 4 Points Sheraton is less money, but we plan on using points and they're both the same amount . There's also Le Meridian on Poydras St. that's the same amt of points, but more money. That description says it's a few steps from the action.

I am staying at this property next weekend for a girls trip. It is the best location for bourbon street partying. If you want the excitement of the quarter then this is the spot. The courtyard rooms are much quieter. We have a bourbon balcony for the weekend. We don't plan to sleep much.

If you are going to stick mostly to the quarter then bourbon is great. If you are going to explore more stay on canal or in the business district. IMO.

All three are very close to the action and you will be more accessible for taxis and other touring if you pick the Sheraton on Canal. The Le Meridien is the former W Poydras. It supposedly had a total overhaul of the interior of the hotel, but my main gripe with the LM was the piss poor service of everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping to the GM. This is not based on a single trip, but continued disappointment over several occasions. The cherry on the top of disappointment was when they lost the handmade gift basket for the honeymoon suite for my sister's wedding night. I am a SPG Platinum with over 100 nights per year and had everything set up months in advance and they still managed to screw up the entire wedding night, including trying to change them to a standard double bed room.

do you have any SPG status?

All three are very close to the action and you will be more accessible for taxis and other touring if you pick the Sheraton on Canal. The Le Meridien is the former W Poydras. It supposedly had a total overhaul of the interior of the hotel, but my main gripe with the LM was the piss poor service of everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping to the GM. This is not based on a single trip, but continued disappointment over several occasions. The cherry on the top of disappointment was when they lost the handmade gift basket for the honeymoon suite for my sister's wedding night. I am a SPG Platinum with over 100 nights per year and had everything set up months in advance and they still managed to screw up the entire wedding night, including trying to change them to a standard double bed room.

do you have any SPG status?

You are right! Nothing is worse then bad service! I hope you wrote to them to complain. We have enough for 2 nights with SPG. I did have their Amex a few yrs ago, but cancelled it. I'm going to reapply soon for it. I wish they had more ways to earn points as we don't stay in hotels a lot. The problem with Amex is that some places don't accept it.

• 1 month later...

Le Meridian is offering points and cash, which means that u can save some points, in this case 5000, and pay $75 plus 5000 points. For 2 nights we'd use 10000 points and pay $150. The other 2 properties are not offering that.

What would you do? I don't think I mentioned that we're coming off a 10 day CAL Dream Cruise.

Using cash and points is a personal choice. If you don't have a lot of points it may be a better deal to conserve points. I travel 200 nights per year plus rack up crazy amounts of miles/points on credit cards from all the business travel so I am a "points millionaire" and don't see the need to spend real dollars when I can play with Monopoly money. It sounds like the LM deal is a good deal for you if you want to conserve points for a future trip.

Using cash and points is a personal choice. If you don't have a lot of points it may be a better deal to conserve points. I travel 200 nights per year plus rack up crazy amounts of miles/points on credit cards from all the business travel so I am a "points millionaire" and don't see the need to spend real dollars when I can play with Monopoly money. It sounds like the LM deal is a good deal for you if you want to conserve points for a future trip.

Yes, you are right! I only travel for pleasure once a year, so my points are money. If this trip was only going to be our only one in a year I would use all the points and try to use no money, but, we're planning on doing a cruise from Barcelona and stopping in Austria on the way back and I'm trying to stretch the points. I'm working on my Hilton Honors Points so that we might have enough for a night or 2 in Austria or Barcelona.

Without some of these Point Programs like SPG and airline miles programs we couldn't afford to travel. It takes some thinking to save money and make your hard earned money work for you.