Taking Your Own Luggage to Cabin during Embarkation on Oasis?

Thank you everyone for your responses. I wasn't aware that the fire doors would be closed, which would make it impossible to leave the bags by the stateroom. So we'll just pay the porter to take our roll-aways. We really don't want to be rolling them all over the ship, since we plan on getting there early.

I was just looking for a way to have our things with us early but as long as the bags get there before dinner, that's fine.

Not to brag, cruisegirl1, but we are superb packers. We carry less when we do our month-long land trips to Europe or Asia. We only have slightly larger bags now because we're bringing suits with us.

It's not guaranteed that they will get there before dinner, especially if you have early seating.

We always carry our suitcases on with us, they are big black hard case Samsonite's and they fit in the x-ray machine just fine and by the time we get onboard we head straight to the cabin (usually at 1ish) unpack everything and by 1:30 we are having a nice relaxing lunch...(at the ZOO...)

We like this way because our clothes have a chance to de-wrinkle a bit...before dinner.

We also like this because I always hear horror stories about people not getting there bags and its dinner time...