Voyager, Mar 12-30 trip from Singapore to Dubai

alidor

We were to go on this cruise only to be sidelined by some unexpected health issues and had to cancel just a few days before departure. Was wondering if anyone is reading these posts who was on the cruise could say how the trip went. It was an incredible itinerary.

So sorry about your disappointment - that must have been a difficult call. Here's hoping your health issues are resolved and you can look forward to planning your next cruise.

We were on the segment before the one you mention and left Voyager in Singapore, but friends have been keeping an online blog of their trip at http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/rileydog99/2/1328641708/tpod.html -sorry, I'm writing on my iPad and can't seem to get the generic blog URL, only a specific entry! But you can move to earlier and later entries easily enough, I hope?

They are on the ship until Athens, so their fun continues, lucky things!

Thank you for this thread - this is great. With what was going on, it really wasn't a hard call. Don't know if I'm into Karma and all that, but it really just fell into place. And the health problem that caused us to cancel ended up NOT to be a health problem - go figure. Ihave some aggressive doctors, and I'm glad for that, but this may been over the top but there had to be some reason we just weren't meant to go.

We are taking the Mariner, though, in June from Rome to Istanbul. Have never been along the Amalfi coast and have never been to Istanbul so we are really looking forward to that! Hopefully we'll get to do a similar Singapore-Mumbai trip in the future.

We were on the cruise and we had a great time.

You were missed and remembered at the CC get together.

We would have loved you in our quiz team.

The captain was a delightful scotsman and very warm and friendly. Willie Aames from "8 is enough" was the cruise director and he was wonderful and fun.

The seas were calm and the ports most interesting. It really is a good way to see that part of the world.

Hope you can plan this itinerary in the future.

Harrodsfan, I've got to ask, did you go shoe shopping in Mumbai?!

Alidor, The Amalfi coast is breathtakingly beautiful. Together with time spent in Istanbul, it should make for a memorable cruise. I'm sorry you missed out on the Singapore to Dubai segment but I am delighted that the health problems didn't materialise. I agree, sometimes it's a case of "c'est la vie" and admire your ability to accept that with such grace!

Gilly

I was referring to a conversation we had in the rollcall of this cruise - which we did last year. This thread http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442455&page=2 and messages around #24 or thereabouts.

Shopping for shoes in India is indeed fun and described in my blog entry here http://elegantsufficiency.squarespace.com/blog/2011/4/30/another-memorable-day.html

Hope that helps...and explains a little.

So funny you should mention it ... I have for decades had to special-order my shoes, as my feet are ultra wide. Then New Balance started making a line of EEEEEEs, and I can usually just go with those.

SO.

There was a vendor at a dock in India, just sitting back against a warehouse, not in anybody's face, and surrounded by a amall pile of shoes.

I stopped, knowing that I couldn't buy anything from him, but just to pass some time, both for me and for him.

He had flip-flops that *FIT* me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mortals, I imagine, simply cannot understand; you have no basis for it ... you have been buying shoes all your life and have no idea what it is like being three standard deviations from the norm.

They FIT!!!!!!!!

I shoulda bought more than one pair....:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gilly....

Of course i bought shoes,,,, and purses and shawls. Found some great shops in Choba Market. also recommend Bombay Electric store near the Taj Hotel. Then I shopped at the Taj Hotel, Fabinidia....Great shopping in Mumbai. (also Sri Lanka at Odel Department store. and Lanska Craft store.

Thanks for the tips.

Oh. now I'm envious.... ;-) Please, do share your address book for Mumbai shopping. Who knows, we might be there again before too long (she says, with fingers crossed)

I agree, shopping in India is terrific fun (but we're sailing Hong Kong to Beijing next year, so no Indian shopping for me....:-( Glad you were successful.

Archived