Baltimore hotels best for cruising

bjd2

Driving from Michigan. We want to park at the port so we can get off the ship and drive off. Can anyone help with a hotel or city to stay on the way. It can be 1 or 2 hours away. Thank You. Our cruise is in Feb. Next month.
After our drive from Northwest, PA in November, I would prefer to stay in Baltimore proper, or at least at the airport hotels.. There are a lot of quirks on the way down once getting close to Baltimore, that make me say that, altho' I'd probably do a Park/Sleep/Cruise package at that point!:) The Pride was a little late getting into port and there were cars and vehicles everywhere.. Having someone local come and get us was so simple..:rolleyes: They knew their way around...:D That would be my choice again.. One never knows...

• 4 weeks later...

Cruising New England from baltimore Sept 1. Just booked Brookshire Suites Inner harbor. Am told is close to pier. Shuttles do not take wheelchairs so we will be taking a cab.

Following....July will be our first cruise out of Baltimore. Based on TA, I was considering the White Marsh area. Any experience with how reliable shuttle service is from any hotels in that area? Also, wondering if we may be better off to get a hotel and just drive to the port and park there for $15/day. I really dislike waiting a long time for a return shuttle on the return trip (which is exactly what happened to us last time out of Bayonne)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Following....July will be our first cruise out of Baltimore. Based on TA, I was considering the White Marsh area. Any experience with how reliable shuttle service is from any hotels in that area? Also, wondering if we may be better off to get a hotel and just drive to the port and park there for $15/day. I really dislike waiting a long time for a return shuttle on the return trip (which is exactly what happened to us last time out of Bayonne)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where are you coming from? That's a key factor in where to stay. If you're driving down I-95, then price hotels from Aberdeen to White Marsh as part of your decision whether to shuttle or park. Aberdeen "may" be less expensive than White Marsh (although this past weekend when I needed a room near Aberdeen it was the opposite!) and is only a few minutes longer drive.

There are posts with hotel information including shuttles from White Marsh. I believe the Fairfield Inn offers them. The real question is total cost (hotel + parking vs hotel with shuttle) and convenience.

Cruising New England from baltimore Sept 1. Just booked Brookshire Suites Inner harbor. Am told is close to pier. Shuttles do not take wheelchairs so we will be taking a cab.

Don't know the hotel, but that's not a bad location. In that area, you have the Renaissance, a Residence Inn, and the Monaco, plus others. I really like the Monaco, but it depends on the rate.

There are also several hotels in the Harbor East area of the Inner Harbor

Yeah. The way those two areas have changed, I'd probably look at Harbor East as well. Last trip to Baltimore we were going to a show at the Arena, so the Monaco was perfect. But there's arguably more to do now in Harbor East towards Fells Point.