Parking for disabled-Cape Liberty

boscobeans

The parking lot for disabled persons used to be right next to the terminal building. With the new terminal and parking facility what does one do if they are disabled (may need a wheelchair to the ship) and park at the port?

bosco

Could you provide more details? When exactly are you cruising? Are you a solo disabled traveler or are you traveling with others?

I am sailing in early March and would be happy to check this out, but in the meanwhile there may be others who can post about a recent experience.

If you are two people, the process would probably be similar to what it was before. You drop off your luggage at the terminal entrance and find the RCL rep to get wheelchair assistance. The driver continues on around the corner to the garage, parks in the handicapped parking, and walks back to the terminal to find you and go through the boarding process. The wheelchair assistant makes sure you get where you need to go on the ship before leaving you.h

Could you provide more details? When exactly are you cruising? Are you a solo disabled traveler or are you traveling with others?

I am sailing in early March and would be happy to check this out, but in the meanwhile there may be others who can post about a recent experience.

If you are two people, the process would probably be similar to what it was before. You drop off your luggage at the terminal entrance and find the RCL rep to get wheelchair assistance. The driver continues on around the corner to the garage, parks in the handicapped parking, and walks back to the terminal to find you and go through the boarding process. The wheelchair assistant makes sure you get where you need to go on the ship before leaving you.h

Cruise- May 2016 Bermuda Summit

Party of 4. 1 gentleman is able to get along fine if he takes his time when on board but we are worried about the hassle from the car (car has a disabled parking permit) through the terminal and up to and onto the ship. Once on the ship he should have no problems.

bosco

Cruise- May 2016 Bermuda Summit

Party of 4. 1 gentleman is able to get along fine if he takes his time when on board but we are worried about the hassle from the car (car has a disabled parking permit) through the terminal and up to and onto the ship. Once on the ship he should have no problems.

bosco

Smart strategy! I used to do that with my mom. So plan on dropping off 2 or 3 people and your luggage first, look around for a RCL rep, and request wheelchair assistance. While those folks wait, go and park the car and walk back to meet them.

Smart strategy! I used to do that with my mom. So plan on dropping off 2 or 3 people and your luggage first, look around for a RCL rep, and request wheelchair assistance. While those folks wait, go and park the car and walk back to meet them.

Thanks for the advice. Called and have everything worked out with Celebrity.

bosco

The handicapped parking is inside the terminal... Don't count on communication happening though...even though you've called Celebrity......

When you arrive, drive up, drop people off, have a porter snag a wheelchair and pusher, go park and meet the rest of the party inside....it's pretty easy and you basically have to go through the drop off area to get to the garage anyhow...

The handicapped parking is inside the terminal... Don't count on communication happening though...even though you've called Celebrity......

When you arrive, drive up, drop people off, have a porter snag a wheelchair and pusher, go park and meet the rest of the party inside....it's pretty easy and you basically have to go through the drop off area to get to the garage anyhow...

I totally agree about not counting on your communication with Celebrity! You have to be proactive about finding a rep to get you wheelchair assistance. Sometimes they are immediately available and sometimes you have to wait your turn.