Drinks Included

anniebea

Booked a cruise with a T/A in the UK, The confirmation from them says Drinks Included. My reservation is now available through the Manage My Reservation option on Celebrity.

Should the drinks package should show up there?. Also the Manage Reservation doesn’t show flights, although those are booked with the cruise. Maybe the flights wont appear till the payment date

If anyone could confirm what I should see in manage my reservation I would appreciate

Hi. As you've booked through a TA, you should have no problem - check with them as they are your interface with Celebrity. I made the mistake of booking personally and lost my drinks package as I booked a guarantee room so be careful of that if you do it yourself...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I've booked direct before so this is the first experience through a TA. We have got allocated cabins so I will check with the TA. thanks

Edited by anniebea

I am not that experienced with booking cruises either directly or through a TA but I have learned quickly from mistakes made from the outset.

Firstly, know what you want. I.E. Destinations, stateroom, OBC, drinks package, etc. Then, if using a TA, tell them and get the best price quote.

It sometimes better to get OBC if you dont drink a lot of alcohol as your OBC may cover your drinks cost? If you go as a couple, and one person drinks, then buy one drinks package and charge any other drinks to your sea pass card and pay at the end of the cruise. You can monitor charges on the room TV program...

You can also take a drinks package part way through your cruise and pay for remaining days...it's flexible.

Only certain stateroom grades may carry an inclusive drinks package, oceanview and above...check costs without a drinks package and then with a drinks package. If the difference is more than $65 a night per person, a drinks package may be warranted.

You need to know if you're gonna get value for money.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Thanks - looked there but there is no information .I wonder if its because we booked through a travel agent.

I will contact them later when they open.

It shouldn't make any difference if you booked they a t/A or not. We booked thru a T/A.i like you couldn't see it o. The celebrity booking site, then I read on here somewhere that's it's under order history and after checking that I found it.

As long as you have it in writing from your T/A , maybe print that out for your own security. Good luck and let us know how you go. :)

We booked via TA in Uk too but was told no drinks package included, should I pressure them? It seems to me most people do get drinks package included so I'm a bit miffed!

It depends on the terms under which you book the cruise, and which perks matter most to you.

There are a number of variables involved with different types of promotions that may or may not be available when you book different category cabins on different cruises.

The prices usually vary depending on which perks are included in the cruise fare and how well the cruise is selling.

In other words, they usually charge more for the same cabin category the more perks they include, such as their "big, better, best" promotions that give you choices of beverage package, pre-paid gratuities, free internet, onboard credit, or different combinations of some of them, or all of them.

But at times they run specials where they include all 4 additional perks at no additional cost as an incentive to get you to book.

They usually include lots of "free" perks to sell the highest level, most expensive accommodations.

They also offer special category fares at very reduced rock bottom prices that come with no perks at all.

Like airline seats, two cruise ship cabins in the same category right next to one another may be sold for very different prices.

We will give our booking to a TA when the TA offers us sufficient additional perks on top of whatever we get from the cruise line to make it worthwhile.

Some Europeans have told us they use American TAs because they can get better perks, and sometimes better prices that way.

Whichever way you book, there are usually pros and cons.

Different TAs can provide better deals for different cruises.

It can't hurt to call your TA and ask, but the best time to negotiate for additional perks is before you book the cruise, instead of after.

Good luck.

Edited by varoo

We were in a similar position recently. It took about a week for Celebrity system to update and show it online in booking history tab

Actually, now you say that, that is what happened with me as well, I had completely forgot, It did take a good week for it to show up under the "order history"

If the OP has just recently booked, my guess is they will find the same thing that happened with us.

They do send out several invoices when you book direct, each one just shows different workings.

Our invoice shoed that we had promotions and then they sent an invoice which added drinks to bill and then t ook them off.

Flights were shown but no detail.

Are you using Jet Set Sail?

I hope you will soon get some confirmation from TA.

#Castaway24. The drinks packages were offered over the summer and are still on offer, but for Europe cruises. Check if you will do better to cancel lose you deposit and book again, which is what we did.

#varoo Many of those multiple offers are only North America. They tend to offer fixed packages in UK. At present second person half price, kids 25% off and free drinks. Ovber summer it was free wifi, drinks package and OBC.

I just read on another Celebrity thread that it takes approx 10 days for the drinks package to be applied to bookings. So if very recently booked, it wouldn't show up yet. :)

thanks yes I have booked recently so I will wait and monitor to see it appears. I checked with the Travel Agent this morning and they definitely confirmed it and their confirmation email has it on there too.

Perhaps I need to have more patience :)

thanks yes I have booked recently so I will wait and monitor to see it appears. I checked with the Travel Agent this morning and they definitely confirmed it and their confirmation email has it on there too.

Perhaps I need to have more patience :)

I am sure it will be fine but do print out the travel agents documents stating you have a drinks package and take it with you. We have in the past had issues with perks like OBC being missing when we have boarded and the paperwork makes it easier for everyone.

We've paid in full so I'm guessing we will just have to cough up the price of the package, classic or premium guys? Never done a drinks package before. We do normally take 'some' on board with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on what you want to drink and how much. Here is a guide http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1917 if you want more detail of what is available if you search CC you will find lists.

Don't forget that depending on where you sail from you will have 18% added to the cost, sometimes it is in the price already for example if you sail from UK it is included in the upfront price quoted.

Also that mouth wash bottles full of whisky could slip through the scan or even a search!

Edited by AnOnymously

We've paid in full so I'm guessing we will just have to cough up the price of the package, classic or premium guys? Never done a drinks package before. We do normally take 'some' on board with us.

We didn't take a drinks package with our first two Celebrity Cruises and bought drinks as and when we wanted. We aren't heavy drinkers and spent much less than we would have paid for a drinks package.

Goodness me!! I'd never dream of hiding the said alcohol is various guises! Just thinking of packing a couple of bottles of nice wine and a small bottle of brandy for hubby. P&O are quite relaxed about this - Celebrity are quite strict I take it then?

Goodness me!! I'd never dream of hiding the said alcohol is various guises! Just thinking of packing a couple of bottles of nice wine and a small bottle of brandy for hubby. P&O are quite relaxed about this - Celebrity are quite strict I take it then?

This is what they officially say, no idea how that matches up to what they do

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq5400

Edited by AnOnymously