Dressing for dinner on Silver Spirit Med Cruise

mbw220

Does anyone know if a simple black cocktail dress with do on the formal nights? Since we are in Italy before and after the cruises, we wanted to keep our suitcase light? We are on a seven day cruises from Civitavecchia to Venice, May 2010.

Thanks, MB

Does anyone know if a simple black cocktail dress with do on the formal nights? Since we are in Italy before and after the cruises, we wanted to keep our suitcase light? We are on a seven day cruises from Civitavecchia to Venice, May 2010. Thanks, MB

U can dress it up with a shawl (u might need one anyway because sometimes the public rooms can get chilly) and some bling accessories and u r good to go!

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Does anyone know if a simple black cocktail dress with do on the formal nights? Since we are in Italy before and after the cruises, we wanted to keep our suitcase light? We are on a seven day cruises from Civitavecchia to Venice, May 2010.

Thanks, MB

You'll be noticed if you wear it more than once.;)

We're also on the same cruise, May 29th- June 5th. It will be the second half of our B2B. Like yourself, we'll be spending time pre and post cruise with land travel...... Packing as light as possible, is our goal.....So, I'll be the women wearing the same black Palazzo (with different tops) for formal nights.

Cheers,

Judy

So, I'll be the women wearing the same black Palazzo (with different tops) for formal nights. Cheers, Judy

Shock, horror! How will all the other passengers cope? :D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

P.S. I reckon your idea is the way to go!

Any idea what the temperature will be like that week?
May/June in the Med: you could get anything from cool, wet and windy to (fairly) hot and sunny. For example, Venice gets about 3 inches of rain in June. The quoted minimum of 60F and maximum of 77F are really not that meaningful because the variability is significant. Standard travel clothing advice applies: dress in layers, and include a waterproof! Once onboard, there is an umbrella in your suite.

We are on the same cruise. Any idea what the temperature will be like that week? Good advise about bringing a shawl.

I've been keeping track of the temperatures for our ports of call with Weather Underground....You can save the locations into "favorites", and they'll be available for quick viewing, as often as you want.

Cheers,

Judy

We're looking forward to Silversea moving into the 21st century and making all evening dress codes smart casual or Country House casual, as is now the case on Regent and Oceania.

You will find that most guests prefer dressing for dinner on Silversea.After all, it is the 21st century.

This is the 21st century and I am in my thirties ...and I certainly hope Silversea will stay with their dresscode. I love the formal nights. And actual I would prefer the dress code as it used to be a few years ago.....by that time it was even a bit more strict then it is now

This is the 21st century and I am in my thirties ...and I certainly hope Silversea will stay with their dresscode. I love the formal nights. And actual I would prefer the dress code as it used to be a few years ago.....by that time it was even a bit more strict then it is now

I love the formal nights, too -- as I'm sure many others do. Why do some people think that formal wear is somehow not modern, not 21st century? Hey, I've seen some gorgeous formal wear so far in this 21st century, and look forward to being able to wear such fabulous duds. Don't change, Silversea! :)

We're looking forward to Silversea moving into the 21st century and making all evening dress codes smart casual or Country House casual, as is now the case on Regent and Oceania.

We enjoy dressing for dinner and hope that Silversea continues to uphold it's standards. Someone needs to!

I enjoy the formal nights and also hope SS continues. In fact, I like the idea that they have a "dress code". I think that is what sets them apart in the cruise industry.

Yes!!! I think that dressing-up gives a "specialness" to an occasion, and confers a certain beauty, artistry, and elegance that sets the event apart from the mundane. Maybe, this is why formal events have never really gone out of favour. How sad it would be if we were relegated to a kind of proletariat uniform (i.e. "smart casual") for all purposes.

Yes!!! I think that dressing-up gives a "specialness" to an occasion, and confers a certain beauty, artistry, and elegance that sets the event apart from the mundane. Maybe, this is why formal events have never really gone out of favour. How sad it would be if we were relegated to a kind of proletariat uniform (i.e. "smart casual") for all purposes.

Beautifully said Bon.Vivant...couldn't agree more!

Dressing up is so much fun and besides I like to give my tiara an airing:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Beautifully said Bon.Vivant...couldn't agree more!

Dressing up is so much fun and besides I like to give my tiara an airing:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Thank you, Jennifer.

My tiara, also, likes a chance to shine once in a while. ;)

Cheers,

B.V

But which tiara to bring? Hmmm, will take some thought, good thing I have the better part of a year to consider it!

You're lucky to have many to choose from. Hmmm, why not bring one for every night? Raise the glam quotient, and dash any of those "country club casual" enthusiasts that might be fomenting discontent. ;) :D Have fun on your cruise. I think you will on SS!

You're lucky to have many to choose from. Hmmm, why not bring one for every night? Raise the glam quotient, and dash any of those "country club casual" enthusiasts that might be fomenting discontent. ;) :D Have fun on your cruise. I think you will on SS!

Great idea.

I think I'll take my feather boas along for the ride too....they always add a bit of glamour to an event:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Archived