Transportation options Circular Quay Marriott to White Bay Terminal

chy62

We sail on the Noordam out of the White Bay Terminal, on Tuesday, March 14. There are 3 of us, each will have a large, rolling bag and a backpack type carry on. One is in her early 80s, but is a seasoned cruiser and reasonably fit. If I have read other threads correctly, I understand public transportation is limited to non-existent to White Bay. If we taxi from Marriott at Circular Quay around noon on a Tuesday, approximately how long would that take and how much should we expect to pay? Is there substantial traffic midday that could create issues?

I've also read there is a Captain Cook ferry that transports to White Bay, $9AU for one trip, but no longer leaves from Circular Quay. If we chose to utilize the ferry, what would that entail (walking, train, etc), getting to the ferry from the Marriott and getting from the ferry to the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions/advice anyone can offer!

I would definitely catch a taxi. Request a maxi taxi when you book to carry all the luggage.

It is not far between the two places and it won't be peak hour traffic, so taxi for 3 won't be expensive.

A station wagon should be fine, if you book a maxi taxi they add a surcharge, 59% I think.

Yes, a station wagon would be fine. I didn't realise it was an extra cost for a maxi

taxi, as I often end up in one at airport taxi queues.

As I understand it, it's extra if you book it, not if it is just next in line, I guess it's because otherwise you'd need two cars.