Dream - Laundry Charges

It is on the form (which you have to complete for the steward) in your cabin.

Wifey had a couple of blouses ironed and looking at my bill (which I scrutinised today*) and it came to £2.70.

Charges vary for what you have done or want but hopefully this will give you a guide.

* Glad I didn't take the AI option after all. The difference was not insignificant.

Thanks for that, hubby doesn't think he will have enough luggage allowance for a different shirt every day and every night!

We have paid the the AI but we are celebrating 2 big birthdays in our party and sure we will make good use of it...our usual bar bill for 14 nights is always well in excess of £1,000.

Thanks for that, hubby doesn't think he will have enough luggage allowance for a different shirt every day and every night!

We have paid the the AI but we are celebrating 2 big birthdays in our party and sure we will make good use of it...our usual bar bill for 14 nights is always well in excess of £1,000.

We paid about £3 for an evening shirt to be washed and ironed.

we always go AI and always get our money's worth !!!

We paid about £3 for an evening shirt to be washed and ironed.

we always go AI and always get our money's worth !!!

We have always taken the AI on previous cruises but daughter turned 18 this year so for 3 adults and a child (16 year old) they were quoting >£1400.00 for the week before and Xmas week. Dream in the Carib.

Daughter doesn't drink much (thankfully) so I couldn't see how we would have got value and of course the booking (if you want two cabins together without paying their silly charge) cannot be split.

I budgeted £1000 for the 4 of us anyway for drinks and we had what we wanted when we wanted it. Drinks came to £722.20 around half the price of the AI had we taken it. We also had a £200 on board spend credit to take into that as well.

I must admit having the AI previously felt I was compelled to have a pint at say half 11 on the pool deck when I wouldn't necessarily have wanted one anyway. This time I was free to pick and choose what and when.

On the results of this we saved a packet and I particularly felt better for it.

Horses for courses of course though but I am willing to bet you would be pleasantly surprised if you kept your drinks receipts and totalled them all up at the end of the cruise.

Thomson are not stupid and will have some very sharp marketing guru's. If they thought they were not getting value for money (or a decent return for offering the AI) they would not do so.

My parents have just returned from 2 weeks on the Dream. They do like to drink but didn't take out the package as it would have cost them £800 for 2 weeks. They did take & buy gin to have in their cabin before dinner & took out the wine package. Their 2 week bar bill was £370.

Blimey £370? I can only dream lol..we had $900 OBC for a 5 night Cunard cruise a couple of years ago, we had spent it all by the end of day 2..(hangs head in shame lol). We tend to not drink much at home but once those cocktails start calling me......it has cost us £800 for the 2 weeks but we are celebrating mine and a friends 50th birthdays so it's good everything is paid for before we go!

Thanks for the info about the laundry charges..I'm sure they do deals as well on bags of laundry...anybody know of this is still the case?

I was hoping for one of those "Fill a laundry bag" deals so that I could get my washing done and dried rather than have to do it back home. With DH and DS at home there will be plenty of laundry and ironing waiting for me as it is!! :eek:

Has anybody seen that deal on the Dream?

I was hoping for one of those "Fill a laundry bag" deals so that I could get my washing done and dried rather than have to do it back home. With DH and DS at home there will be plenty of laundry and ironing waiting for me as it is!! :eek:

Has anybody seen that deal on the Dream?

Yes I'm sure I have - but as Little Nell says I think they would be fearful of opening the flood-gates with a full passenger complement on for 22 nights! :eek:

Given the length of the trip and the steamy Caribbean temperatures I'm afraid everything had to go in the tub when we got back. I think the only thing which escaped was DH's dress suit. Even my 'Dry Clean' only long dresses went in - I was under the weather and couldn't be bothered to take them to the cleaner's!! But.................they all washed beautifully - so no more cleaning bills for me!!!! :D :D

27 nights in our case.:D

Georgette blouses are fantastic as they rinse great and weigh next to nothing so lots can be packed.:D Wash smalls and strappy vests each evening, place flat on towel, roll up then twist, peg on one of those travel drying thingies, then hang on an 'S' hook and put into one of the slots in the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. Bingo, dry next morning and no wrinkles. Alternatively, they dry just as quick if there is a washing line in the shower.

Digressing slightly, I remember a Nile Cruise about 20 years ago where I used the laundry only to be faced with a steward knocking at not only our door, but several others too, asking if we recognised my husbands underpants out of the enormous pile he had in his hands.:eek:

27 nights in our case.

Georgette blouses are fantastic as they rinse great and weigh next to nothing so lots can be packed.Wash smalls and strappy vests each evening, place flat on towel, roll up then twist, peg on one of those travel drying thingies, then hang on an 'S' hook and put into one of the slots in the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. Bingo, dry next morning and no wrinkles. Alternatively, they dry just as quick if there is a washing line in the shower.

Digressing slightly, I remember a Nile Cruise about 20 years ago where I used the laundry only to be faced with a steward knocking at not only our door, but several others too, asking if we recognised my husbands underpants out of the enormous pile he had in his hands.:eek:

:D:D:D Oh no!!!:o

Blimey £370? I can only dream lol..we had $900 OBC for a 5 night Cunard cruise a couple of years ago, we had spent it all by the end of day 2..(hangs head in shame lol). We tend to not drink much at home but once those cocktails start calling me......it has cost us £800 for the 2 weeks but we are celebrating mine and a friends 50th birthdays so it's good everything is paid for before we go!

Us too; don't really drink a lot at home but on holiday we have always had the AI package - I am rather partial to a cocktail or 2 late afternoon on the Promenade deck then 1 or 2 while getting ready in the cabin, then there's pre-dinner drinks, wine with dinner, after dinner drinks & coffee then maybe back on the cocktails again!

Of course, I forgot to mention the soft drinks & coffees during the day.

Maybe if you don't take the package, you are more wary of a huge bill & are more careful - would not be a good holiday to me though not being able to have a drink when I wanted!!!!

Too many drinks have supplements for the all in passengers to pay though, and even the good coffees and soft drinks cost , plus only the house wines and their own spirits are free. It is a minefield but I reckon there could be quite a bill at the end of the cruise on top of the £800 you spend before you go. We managed fine drinking free coffees from Lido during the day and what we wanted at night and with meals and didn't spend half the £800.

Not only house spirits are included, Bombay sapphire gin is included and as that's my main tipple I will be making great use of the AI, plus the majority of the cocktails, and of course if you don't like a particular drink, you can just order a different one..little bit disappointed that Jameson's incurs a supplement now but hey oh it's not the end of the world!