Why PG...Why?

datman57

Hope you have the cruise of a lifetime in beautiful FP. Beware the FP flu though.... it gets rather expensive ( but very enjoyable) as many on this board will tell you!

Thanks so much, Emdee. I know we will have a wonderful time on our cruise. We are not at all hard to please, and are happy if someone is feeding us passable food and keeping us slightly tipsy. I agree that the Azamara service is over the top - really really top notch, but in our case, not really necessary.

I'm very much excited about the scenery we'll be seeing - that's at the top of my bucket list. I will probably bore my friends and family with the 1,000's of photos I take, and my only real fear is that we get 10 days of rain and the photos won't be what I'm hoping for.

I must say I admire someone who lives in our part of the world and makes the trip to FP so frequently. You must really, really love it! Although we survived our flights to Australia and New Zealand last year, I'm in no big hurry to spend so many hours travelling again, as much as I enjoyed that trip. Then again, maybe we'll catch the FP flu after all, and we'll run into you at Pearson one of these days, agreeing that the reward at the end of the flights will be worth it. :)

Edited by BrendaJ

Brenda,

I liken the trip to FP on ATN to childbirth. Awful when you are going through it but absolutely beautiful at the end of it. At one point I was egging DH on to take a job in California just for the proximity to FP.

This year we are flying a very complicated route via Hawaii just so we can go most of the journey on flatbed. I agree the trip to Australia was horrendous. I would still like to go back to NZ and the barrier reef but have resolved to do at least 1 way by cruise or part of both ways by cruise to reduce the pain. Next january we go to the far east and I have sworn that its the last time I shall fly there. Travel is a passion but fortunately I am near the end of my bucket list at least in so far as the long long flights go!

Enjoy Tahiti and dont forget to report back on the board.

Miriam

Thanks so much, Emdee. I know we will have a wonderful time on our cruise. We are not at all hard to please, and are happy if someone is feeding us passable food and keeping us slightly tipsy. I agree that the Azamara service is over the top - really really top notch, but in our case, not really necessary.

I'm very much excited about the scenery we'll be seeing - that's at the top of my bucket list. I will probably bore my friends and family with the 1,000's of photos I take, and my only real fear is that we get 10 days of rain and the photos won't be what I'm hoping for.

I must say I admire someone who lives in our part of the world and makes the trip to FP so frequently. You must really, really love it! Although we survived our flights to Australia and New Zealand last year, I'm in no big hurry to spend so many hours travelling again, as much as I enjoyed that trip. Then again, maybe we'll catch the FP flu after all, and we'll run into you at Pearson one of these days, agreeing that the reward at the end of the flights will be worth it. :)

Brenda,

We had rain three or four times on our cruise, but except for one day, it never lasted more than an hour or so. We only had one day out of the eight+ that we spent in FP where the rain was hard, cold, and lengthy enough to put a bit of a damper on things. We made the best of it, and once it cleared, we saw a beautiful rainbow. :)

I appreciate reading all angles of this thread, as I was getting nervous about the recent negative reviews recently posted on this website. My wife and I just forked over a pretty big check to our travel agent for first PG cruise that embarks on August 30th! We want the best and would be really disappointed if PG turned out to be anything less.

Good to know that despite the negatives, members like Emdee and Tiki and Wendy stand by PG. Their feedback is good enough for me.

Thanks again for everybody's feedback. Very much appreciated.

Edited by Espi

As one who has been on 4 cruises on the PG under the CURRENT ownership (they started operating the PG Jan. 2010) I have seen good and bad. Even when it was bad everyone banded together to make the best of the situation and turned it into awesome. 90% awesome 5% great and the crappy 5% - Not all of which was the fault of the ship - makes it the adventure I seek! Number 5 coming soon. That should be enough feedback for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185

As one who has been on 4 cruises on the PG under the CURRENT ownership (they started operating the PG Jan. 2010) I have seen good and bad. Even when it was bad everyone banded together to make the best of the situation and turned it into awesome. 90% awesome 5% great and the crappy 5% - Not all of which was the fault of the ship - makes it the adventure I seek! Number 5 coming soon. That should be enough feedback for anyone.

I like the way you write twin :D

Even a bad day in FP is better than 95% of the good days back home ...... remember, always look at the cup as being half full ;)

Even a bad day in FP is better than 95% of the good days back home ...... remember, always look at the cup as being half full ;)

You are quite right Almighty Tiki. I am a half empty guy at home but once I get to that part of the world it all changes!

I guess that's all in your perspective. Frankly I love my home and live in a similar climate to FP... I would definitely rather have a good day at home than a bad day anywhere else.

Actually even when Regent ran it there were a couple of dark years when the ship was owned by Grand Circle and the budgets were severely cut. Wendy will remember those days. I too took a cruise in that time period and met with a totally different type of passenger very different from the past or the present passenger groups. Things are much improved from those days (IMO).

I think I am a 3/4 full person at home or away. God (and DH) have been good to me.