Luggage left with tour guide

WalkersNC

We are staying one night at the Divi, and I was going to leave my luggage there while we went to Bobby's Marina followed by a 3-4 hour island tour. we would stop at the Divi to pick up the luggage and drive to the pier.

The tour guide has recommended instead that we let her keep the luggage all day to save time. Considering theft and also that I don't know the guide, is it advisable to do this? Will it be worrisome to walk around out of sight of our luggage, or am I over thinking the whole issue? Thanks.

While it might be safe, there is no way I would leave luggage with a tour guide: you would not only be trusting the guide, but you would be trusting everyone the guide might encounter, or who might be in the area where the guide might have the luggage.

The island is not so big that stopping back at your hotel on the way to the pier to get your things would eat up that much time.

We are staying one night at the Divi, and I was going to leave my luggage there while we went to Bobby's Marina followed by a 3-4 hour island tour. we would stop at the Divi to pick up the luggage and drive to the pier.

The tour guide has recommended instead that we let her keep the luggage all day to save time. Considering theft and also that I don't know the guide, is it advisable to do this? Will it be worrisome to walk around out of sight of our luggage, or am I over thinking the whole issue? Thanks.

Is "her" Joyce Prince? If so, yes I would trust her with my luggage.

If it's Joyce, I'd trust her with my stuff, too.

Oh wait, I already have. :)

She keeps my suitcase between island visits.

It's got all our beach stuff (including a tent), towels, swim suits, a transistor radio, bluetooth speakers, a complete set of kitchen utensils (including a good knife set), apron and dish towels, complete outfit including socks, sandals and underwear for each of us, a couple of books and other stuff.

gary