RCI or Carnival

Good points. The Solstice is lovely, doesn't feel overcrowded and you do get gbenjo to check you in. Just one possible issue is she heads back to Hawaii in April.:D

That's why she wasn't on my list for Easter. How does she compare crowded wise to Century?

That's why she wasn't on my list for Easter. How does she compare crowded wise to Century?

Bit more crowded (though not terribly). But double the number of people onboard - similar to RCL's Voyager. Atrium can get noisy as is the focal point of the ship and there are few lounges.

Bit more crowded (though not terribly). But double the number of people onboard - similar to RCL's Voyager. Atrium can get noisy as is the focal point of the ship and there are few lounges.

Thanks

She doesn't feel crowded, very similar feel to the Century only modern.

Thanks Mic

I find it funny how some ships feel crowded with 1000 PAX others not with 2,000. It makes it hard to try and pick a ship and why I'm so glad I found CC.

Thanks Mic

I find it funny how some ships feel crowded with 1000 PAX others not with 2,000. It makes it hard to try and pick a ship and why I'm so glad I found CC.

The weather makes a big difference though, if everyone is inside on any ship then it feels conjested.

We didn't find the Solstice crowded compared to the Radiance, but as Mic said she heads to Hawaii early April maybe next time

Thanks I know she's no use to us at Easter, but next season will be on us fast, I wish she did some Syd-Syd NZ 'd try that.

She does go to NZ out of Sydney though.:D

Have to fly one way though and last week we flew to Melbourne [against my better judgement] and you know who just didn't handle it at all so we have really decided that other than in absolute emergency no more flying, it really will have to be life or death to get her back on a 'plane unless the Dr's can come up with something.

It is annoying that Solstice does so many that either start or end in NZ. We flew back from Auckland last year and I found it a tiring end to a relaxing trip. Not keen on that type of extra cost either.

We look at October / November and also January / February where it overlaps the end of school holidays. Christmas and Easter are just too dear, and we can do 2 trips a year compared to 1 over the peak times.

If you want a mid ship cabin at a good price, we find booking a year out gives us the best price for balconies. The specials that have been running lately for interiors are fantastic if you don't care where in the ship you get placed. We want mid ship so we book early.

Edited by goodycruising

It is annoying that Solstice does so many that either start or end in NZ. We flew back from Auckland last year and I found it a tiring end to a relaxing trip. Not keen on that type of extra cost either.

I agree 100% t really looks like Princess for NZ as flying is totally out, short of a medical miracle. Not that we mind that as Princess was where we started cruising and fell in love with it all.

Even HAL only do 1 or 2 round trips a year, I'd just like some more options.

We look at October / November and also January / February where it overlaps the end of school holidays. Christmas and Easter are just too dear, and we can do 2 trips a year compared to 1 over the peak times

My darling is a teacher so we're pretty limited n our options re timing.

If you want a mid ship cabin at a good price, we find booking a year out gives us the best price for balconies. The specials that have been running lately for interiors are fantastic if you don't care where in the ship you get placed. We want mid ship so we book early.

I agree about a year out, or a month out, seems optimal at the moment, we love a balcony and it MUST be mid ship.

Have to fly one way though and last week we flew to Melbourne [against my better judgement] and you know who just didn't handle it at all so we have really decided that other than in absolute emergency no more flying, it really will have to be life or death to get her back on a 'plane unless the Dr's can come up with something.

That does present a problem with no flying as the Solstice only seems to do one way trips? Diamond seems to do a few return NZ trips, but I am sure you will find something that fits good luck

That does present a problem with no flying as the Solstice only seems to do one way trips? Diamond seems to do a few return NZ trips, but I am sure you will find something that fits good luck

Diamond in Dec is looking good, and watching a solstice in late Dec too that goes to the Islands.

That is not good, and a B2B is too long as well.:(

The Diamond is a nice ship as well, I am sure you will like it.:D

Been on something very similar before all the health issues restricted us, have put a deposit on and if all goes well that's this years biggy, fortunately we can do it after her school breaks up but before normal school hols start, so save a little too.

Been on something very similar before all the health issues restricted us, have put a deposit on and if all goes well that's this years biggy, fortunately we can do it after her school breaks up but before normal school hols start, so save a little too.

good work.:D