Resort for a Day--Jewel Paradise Cove

Tommy3putts

We just returned from our cruise on RCI AoS with a stop in Fallmouth. We booked a day and Jewel Paradise Cove, through Resort for a Day. We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the all inclusive resort. Adults only, great food and drinks, great beaches and best of all not too crowded. The resort is about a 45-60 minute van ride from Fallmouth.

I highly recommend Resort for a Day and Jewel Paradise Cove.

• 1 month later...
We just returned from our cruise on RCI AoS with a stop in Fallmouth. We booked a day and Jewel Paradise Cove, through Resort for a Day. We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the all inclusive resort. Adults only, great food and drinks, great beaches and best of all not too crowded. The resort is about a 45-60 minute van ride from Fallmouth.

I highly recommend Resort for a Day and Jewel Paradise Cove.

We are thinking of going there next month when we are on the FOS, but didn't think the Jewel resort was that far away. How long did you get to actually stay at the resort? Did you have to wait a long time at port for everyone to show up or was there a specific time to meet when getting off the ship? Are you also with those who purchased the pass through the cruiselines?

Sorry for so many questions, but we are trying to finalize our plans. Thanks for your time answering my ???

We are thinking of going there next month when we are on the FOS, but didn't think the Jewel resort was that far away. How long did you get to actually stay at the resort? Did you have to wait a long time at port for everyone to show up or was there a specific time to meet when getting off the ship? Are you also with those who purchased the pass through the cruiselines?

Sorry for so many questions, but we are trying to finalize our plans. Thanks for your time answering my ???

It is at least 45 minutes each way to from the Falmouth Port with no traffic. Your stay at the resort will depend on how long your ship is in port. For us it was about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour stay. There was a small group we were on our way about 20-30 minutes after we got off the ship. I purchased this excursion privately through the Resorts for a Day website. The local company is Jamaica Tours Limited (JTL). JTL handles the transportation and will send you a "pass" with specific instructions. Recommend you check out the Resorts for a day website.

• 2 weeks later...
It is at least 45 minutes each way to from the Falmouth Port with no traffic. Your stay at the resort will depend on how long your ship is in port. For us it was about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour stay. There was a small group we were on our way about 20-30 minutes after we got off the ship. I purchased this excursion privately through the Resorts for a Day website. The local company is Jamaica Tours Limited (JTL). JTL handles the transportation and will send you a "pass" with specific instructions. Recommend you check out the Resorts for a day website.

We just reserved Jewel Paradise Cove through resortsforaday! We'll be there in two weeks! Will there be a sign when we get off the ship or will we ride the bus or van with the RCCL excursions folks? We are in port from 10a-7p. Also, will we be on ship time or don't we have to worry about that?

Thanks for your info...can't wait! Hope we have as much fun as you did!

Hi Tommy,

Yes, I now see on the pass that we met JamaicaTours reps. 45 min. after our ship arrives. It's supposed to arrive at 10:00a...but if it arrives early, so we base it on that time?

And I see the tour is on Jamaica time.

I'd just start making my way to the meeting point as soon as possible after docking. Stay to your left as you walk out the port area. They were standing under a tree on the left with a sign easy to spot.

Edited by Tommy3putts

• 6 months later...
Wondering if anyone has used Resorts for a Day recently going to Jewel Runaway Bay? Were there any issues getting back to ship on time? Can you take a taxi back if you want & what would cost be?

Thanks!

I've used them for Jewel Runaway Bay last August and the Jewel Runaway was right beside the Jewel Paradise. So the Runaway is also about 40 minutes from Falmouth port. Resort for a day was very well organized, and US based so no international charges on my credit card was a bonus. Printed out my Passes immediately after I booked. Also received an email a few minutes after booking online. Then a couple weeks before I cruised they sent another email with reminders. I liked that nice extra service, felt more personable. The driver was waiting at the pier with a Resort For A Day Sign. I met them on the right when I came out of the international building. The driver was funny and talked with us the whole way. Check in at the Runaway was fast with handing my printed pass and paid my balance with cash. We had about 4.5 hours there before heading back to the ship. I would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

The Jewel Paradise Cove resort is really nice. we didn't have kids with us, so we chose this adults only resort. We paid a deposit when we booked on www.ResortforaDay.com (I think $39 per person) & were picked up at the cruise port in Ocho Rios in a bi shuttle bus. The driver was very nice & it was comfortable. We were driven to the resort (it took about 45 mins. There were other families on the shuttle who were dropped off at their Hilton owned resorts. When we arrived at the resort, we 'checked in' & paid the balance $60, so the total cost is $99pp. It was raining but, we knew it would clear up eventually. So, we went to buffet & had smoothies & waffles.

My only issue is the buffet area. There were birds flying around & eating peoples leftovers. The birds were distracting and menacing. The buffet staff doesn't even try to keep them away. Several times wee asked the staff to at least cover the 'dirty dishes' with extra food to keep the birds from coming into the dining area. They would throw a napkin over the try & the next person would leave it uncovered.A simple try cover that isn't see thru would resold that issue & taking away customer dishes quickly would also help.

The beach is a small area & has a float that is available. There is also an opportunity to take a glass bottom boat (for an additional cost) & I believe some other water sports.

The beach staff is amazing. We were well taken care of. For lunch, we had Jerk chicken. It was sooooooo good and the drinks are amazing too. :cool:Note: the Jerk Chicken grill is not in the buffet area.