NCL solo prices higher?

HowardK

I am wondering if this is due to Kevin Sheenan leaving?

Looking at a sample of different bookings last minute vs prior years it seems there really aren't any sailings with 125%-150% supplements.

Even studios seem higher. Maybe it is higher demand but it seems to be totally different pricing vs prior years. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am concerned I won't get the good deals I got accustomed to later in the fall especially on the Breakaway.

• 2 weeks later...

Time will tell how NCL solo pricing stacks up against other cruise lines for various itineraries and dates of sailing. I recently sailed solo twice on Norwegian and have a third in May to the Mediterranean, because their solo price was better. If price is no longer a consideration because essentially all cruise lines are charging the "same", then Norwegian may or may not get my travel dollar.

I have noticed that prices in general are higher, not just on NCL. My thought was maybe since most people book their cruises early in the year, the prices are higher for that reason. And now, for the Caribbean it's getting to spring break season, and the summer is always high season for Alaska, Europe and even to some extent other places like the Caribbean (just because kids are out of school)...my hope is that we will start seeing some better deals as the sailing date gets closer and the cruise lines want to unload their unsold cabins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Of course that makes it tough to do advance planning.