Bahia Mar

trojangirl90066

For what date??? Can't comment on price without knowing the exact date.

The Bahia Mar is a moderate level hotel right across the street from a great area of beach. Perfect location for picking up a water taxi and in easy walking distance to a couple casual places for dinner. I would be satisfied to stay there again. It is now a Doubletree.

The courtyard view room is their lowest cost due to location. But the room itself will be fine. The middle cost room is on the marina. And the highest cost room is the tower. You will be fine! I wouldn't worry.

We recently stayed pre-cruise at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderale ($207.00). We loved it even though it was higher than we usually like to pay for just one night. I wanted to book it again for our cruise in March, 2013, but the rate was $299. That is just too high. I started searching around. So far I have a reservation at Bahia Mar - Ocean Front, Balcony, for $135.20 and the Sleep Inn Dania for $116.99. Not sure which one we will select as they both look good. If Embassy Suites comes down in price, it will probably be the one!!

We recently stayed pre-cruise at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderale ($207.00). We loved it even though it was higher than we usually like to pay for just one night. I wanted to book it again for our cruise in March, 2013, but the rate was $299. That is just too high. I started searching around. So far I have a reservation at Bahia Mar - Ocean Front, Balcony, for $135.20 and the Sleep Inn Dania for $116.99. Not sure which one we will select as they both look good. If Embassy Suites comes down in price, it will probably be the one!!

Both hotels are fine but I would definitely book the Bahia Mar for that price. March is a nice time to be by the beach in Fort Lauderdale, and the location is great.

Between Dania and the beach ...for SURE take the Bahia Mar. Enjoy the view! And btw, I'd choose it over the Embassy any day. Why be in Ft.L in March and not take in the beach/ocean views and walks? Take advantage.;)

Thanks for your great input royalcruz and eandj.:D Will definitely stick with the Bahia Mar! Someone mentioned a CVS nearby. Is it within a quick walking distance?

Not sure where the closest CVS is. We just hopped the Sun Trolley which runs around town and headed to the Harbor Shops to pick up wine at Total Wine. Can't remember all the stores there, but it's really easy to get around. Look here....http://www.suntrolley.com/

Thanks for your great input royalcruz and eandj.:D Will definitely stick with the Bahia Mar! Someone mentioned a CVS nearby. Is it within a quick walking distance?

The closest CVS is at Beach Place about 8 blocks away.

Archived