I just upgraded to a scenic ocean view!

HollandAvery

I am SO excited! I upgraded to an scenic oceanview (9200) as a surprise for my SO for our cruise!

I had been wanting to do it but it was much more expensive...then I got $300 for doing a research study and just had to go for it!

So, for those that have stayed in these rooms, what was your experience?

Photos would be great too!!! :D

Anything I need to know besides keeping the windows closed at night for the bridge?

Congrats! Looks like you're booked in a Grand Scenic Ocean View! We're booked in one on the Conquest in May 2015, so we don't have much insight for you, but we're very excited! They look like beautiful rooms. :)

Why does adding the word 'Grand' make me feel even more excited about the room? Haha. Oh my.

I hope you post pictures of your room and trip! I'd still like to see them after you guys go in May! (:

ENJOY the room! (:

Why does adding the word 'Grand' make me feel even more excited about the room? Haha. Oh my.

I hope you post pictures of your room and trip! I'd still like to see them after you guys go in May! (:

ENJOY the room! (:

It's "Grand" because it's 320 sq.ft. instead of the non-grand ones, that are 230 sq.ft. The "Grand" ones have 2 windows instead of 1. So you got the best of the best, even though the non-grand ones are still great.

I have not seen any of these in person, but I've seen many pics. You'll find several pics of the ones on Valor in this thread: Valor cabin 9200

ENJOY the room! (:

Don't be too excited, by the time your cruise comes they will probably swap ships and you will end up in a different room. I booked one of these rooms on the valor for next September and now they switched to the liberty. Oh well, I hope you get it by the time your cruise comes!

We booked one for the Conquest and are pretty excited as well. I can't wait to see the view of HMC and Grand Turks from those windows!

Ragethjj23, I understand your disappointment but the Liberty is a great ship. One of the best crews we have had. Cory the CD was the best we have had. She has allot of the 2.0 upgrades so I am sure you will have a great time.

It's "Grand" because it's 320 sq.ft. instead of the non-grand ones, that are 230 sq.ft. The "Grand" ones have 2 windows instead of 1. So you got the best of the best, even though the non-grand ones are still great.

I have not seen any of these in person, but I've seen many pics. You'll find several pics of the ones on Valor in this thread: Valor cabin 9200

Thank you for suggesting checking out the Valor cabins and for the link!

Ahh now I see. It wasn't pulling up the information on the website and when I was on the phone with Carnival they didn't mention the size, but that is a good difference! It doesn't seem like I paid more for it either, seems to be priced the same as the smaller ones...strange. It's no a HC cabin correct? Oh gosh, I would hate to run the risk of being bumped from this room :eek:

Don't be too excited, by the time your cruise comes they will probably swap ships and you will end up in a different room. I booked one of these rooms on the valor for next September and now they switched to the liberty. Oh well, I hope you get it by the time your cruise comes!

Oh gosh, I really hope that doesn't happen! The Freedom will JUST be coming to Galveston in 2015 so I hope they wouldn't switch it over that quickly...that would be awful!

We booked one for the Conquest and are pretty excited as well. I can't wait to see the view of HMC and Grand Turks from those windows!

Ragethjj23, I understand your disappointment but the Liberty is a great ship. One of the best crews we have had. Cory the CD was the best we have had. She has allot of the 2.0 upgrades so I am sure you will have a great time.

Oh wow, I bet those views will just be beautiful!

I think I'm most looking forward to watching sunsets and sunrises from the windows! (:

A few quick questions for those who know the answers:

I know it says to keep the shades closed at night for the bridge, BUT can they be open if there are no lights on at all in your cabin? It would be really great to have them open at night but of course I don't want to get in trouble or cause any problems for anyone. I just thought if maybe we had no lights on in our room it wouldn't cause a glare for the bridge.

Also, if people are standing at their window in the Captains Suite, how much can they see into our room? Can they see the bed? The Sofa? Just curious!

I booked 9201 for our September cruise on the Conquest. I was under the impression that 9200 was for 3-4 people? Is that still the case? Don't get me wrong I am sure I will love 9201, but maybe I missed something during the booking.?

I'm pretty sure both 9201 and 9200 can hold up to 4 people in the room. There are only two of us so I feel kinda bad taking it, but eh, not really at the same time, heh...:o

That already happened to us! We were booked in a Grand Scenic Ocean View on the Valor for May 2015. When Carnival switched out the Valor with the Liberty we switched over to the Conquest! We really want that room haha. :D Hopefully the Conquest stays put long enough for us to go on this cruise. We don't normally book cruises this far out so its probably our last chance for this type of room since they fill up so quickly.

I checked on Carnivals webpage, 9200 is max 4 people, 9201 is max 2 people. Only difference looks to be bed folding out to double size from couch, same sq footage.

I also was told by Carnival that if someone with 3 or 4 people want that cabin that accomadates that # if passengers, then it's possible to get bumped. Not sure how correct Carnival staff is.

We were in a scenic oceanview room on the Liberty in 2010 and are booked in two adjoining scenics again on the Conquest this December. We absolutely LOVED it and I'm sure you will too, especially with you being in the GRAND scenic!! The view was simply beautiful. It made the cabin feel so much bigger and roomy with the floor to ceiling window! We feel the balcony is not nearly as nice as these (smaller room, no privacy on the balcony, and too many smokers) yet they are more expensive, so for us it's well worth the small upcharge from a standard oceanview cabin. Great choice!

A few quick questions for those who know the answers:

I know it says to keep the shades closed at night for the bridge, BUT can they be open if there are no lights on at all in your cabin? It would be really great to have them open at night but of course I don't want to get in trouble or cause any problems for anyone. I just thought if maybe we had no lights on in our room it wouldn't cause a glare for the bridge.

Also, if people are standing at their window in the Captains Suite, how much can they see into our room? Can they see the bed? The Sofa? Just curious!

when we came back to the cabin at night the shade was closed-- we did what we had to do -- and when we got ready for bed we opened the shades. Be warned that its mighty bright when the sun comes up.

the people in the capt suite can only see you if you are standing in the window.

when is your cruise?

9200 is for 4 people and 9201 is for 2 people. I must say i am impressed that carnival allowed only 2 people to book this cabin

Edited by serene56

We were in cabin 9201 on the Valor.

I know it says to keep the shades closed at night for the bridge, BUT can they be open if there are no lights on at all in your cabin? Yes. We kept our blinds open with no TV with no issues

Also, if people are standing at their window in the Captains Suite, how much can they see into our room? Can they see the bed? The Sofa? Just curious! It's a weird angle so you cannot see in the other room at all

You will enjoy this room and its views.

Edited by Oompaland

We'll be in a SOV on Sunshine in Jan...have not heard too much about them. We have four booked in ours so hope those extra SF are noticeable!! The one time we had an "owner's suite" was before we knew anything about CC, so did not get to share it! Hope you join your roll call and do a crawl, it's fun to see the different room types, esp on newer ships. We did not have one on the Breeze and our M&G was a wash due to the soccer final and there being two Red Frog Pubs and some of us not going to the right one, LOL. It was still a fun cruise. Maybe someone will post some photos....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As far as I know I don't think you can be bumped from a non HC cabin...maybe be offered a nice upgrade to leave, but just because it sleeps 4 people and only 2 would stay in it I don't think you can be bumped. At least I hope not. Can anyone get a definite answer on this? I'd ask John Heald but sometimes I never hear back...I swear it's my email being crazy.

Now I'm worried!

As far as I know I don't think you can be bumped from a non HC cabin...maybe be offered a nice upgrade to leave, but just because it sleeps 4 people and only 2 would stay in it I don't think you can be bumped. At least I hope not. Can anyone get a definite answer on this? I'd ask John Heald but sometimes I never hear back...I swear it's my email being crazy.

Now I'm worried!

Those rooms are not HC. If you are booked in the one for 4 and there's only 2 of you, I'm surprised they let you book it at least without a warning that you could be moved. Especially since your sailing is a good ways away. The double on the other side wasn't available?

I booked 9201 for our September cruise on the Conquest. I was under the impression that 9200 was for 3-4 people? Is that still the case? Don't get me wrong I am sure I will love 9201, but maybe I missed something during the booking.?

Both 6ks on the Sunshine are for 4. The other ships that have these cabins, the one on the port side is a quad. The one on the starboard side is for 2. The 6js vary between quads and doubles.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Both 6ks on the Sunshine are for 4. The other ships that have these cabins, the one on the port side is a quad. The one on the starboard side is for 2. The 6js vary between quads and doubles.

Strange!

But no, 9201 wasn't available and still isn't today. I'll probably call every single day to check on it because now I'm really paranoid about getting bumped.

I really really don't think they should be allowed to do that at all. I paid the high price and I'm booking over a year in advance...shouldn't I get a say in if I get to keep the room I paid for or not?! :mad: Dumb policies.

Now I'm worried!

Add a name to the cabin. Just remember to cancel that person before final payment

I could not book the cabin with two. I added my grand daughter. She went with us

A ship has so many berths. If 2 people booked all the quad cabins that sailing would sail with less people then it should.

I have not been able to book a quad for only two of us. I wanted 7411 it holds 3 people. Not sure if GD can go because if testings. I wanted to add her later. Close to sailing but carnival would not allow me to book i

Add a name to the cabin. Just remember to cancel that person before final payment

I could not book the cabin with two. I added my grand daughter. She went with us

A ship has so many berths. If 2 people booked all the quad cabins that sailing would sail with less people then it should.

I have not been able to book a quad for only two of us. I wanted 7411 it holds 3 people. Not sure if GD can go because if testings. I wanted to add her later. Close to sailing but carnival would not allow me to book i

But if I added someone and cancelled before final payment would I owe anything extra for that imaginary person? Plus, wouldn't I have to make up 2 people since it holds 4?