Video storage online

c230k

Were on the Web is the best place to store and for online viewing all home videos.

Now store them on my Mac, but would like a place to store them and view on my iPad. Have gone to high definition videos and they do take up a lot room.

Thanks

Tom :cool:

Were on the Web is the best place to store and for online viewing all home videos.

Now store them on my Mac, but would like a place to store them and view on my iPad. Have gone to high definition videos and they do take up a lot room.

Thanks

I would setup a home network and buy a network storage unit.

I keep mine on my iPad (if I make an iMovie using iPad) and also I have them on my Mac.

When I share them with others or even want to watch them on our TV using MacTV I place them on Vimeo rather than YouTUbe. There are more features on Vimeo and no advertising and I pay an annual fee but prefer Vimeo.

Keith

I keep mine on my iPad (if I make an iMovie using iPad) and also I have them on my Mac.

When I share them with others or even want to watch them on our TV using MacTV I place them on Vimeo rather than YouTUbe. There are more features on Vimeo and no advertising and I pay an annual fee but prefer Vimeo.

Keith

Thanks Keith, just joined Vimeo basic, and limits size you can upload. What version did you get or recommend?

Keith

Thank you, I need to get out and start taking video. What really got me interested was my Sony RX10 and RX100 III just upgraded to the new video firmware update XAV-S.

Appreciate all your help

Tom, you are very welcome.

I have been making several iMovies since taking an iMovie class taught on board a cruse line we sail.

I use a combination of video and photos and have learned that you can tell a story about a topic in two to four minutes. At that point others will actually watch it as opposed to the traditional home type of movies that went on way too long.

Keith

Thanks

Vimeo is a great place for "sharing" videos like others have said.

So I see that you are using a Mac from your post. NAS are good idea for storage but terrible if you want to edit directly from them(just too slow speed wise). Not sure if you are using iMovie or Final Cut Pro but what is really working well for me is a Seagate External HD connected via a Thunderbolt connector. Thunderbolt is extremely fast and I work/edit Final Cut Pro directly from that external Thunderbolt drive with no files stored on my local iMac HDD. Video files will quickly fill up your local HDD as you are well aware off.

Google search this - Seagate GoFlex Desk for Mac - for pictures. I have two of these which allows me to daisy chain them and use one as a backup of the other. I use Chronosync software to back up one HDD to the other.

Regards,

Kevin Reid