Stay/Park/ Cruise in Charleston - Several questions

wrennies

1. Which ones have you stayed in and what was your experience?

2. What time did the shuttle leave for the port (we have 11:30 checkin)?

3. What was pick-up like after the cruise, did you have to wait long?

4. Where do they drop you off? We have never sailed out of Charleston and so I want a clue as to where we will need to go fromthe drop off?

Thanks for any help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am also looking for the same info. I do have the Charleston Airport Hotel reserved, but would like to know if anyone has stayed there and did they like it. Thank you! :)

It's not exactly in the best part of town (North Charleston), but not the worst part either. If you are driving, I would look over in Mt Pleasant (just a quick drive across the bridge to the cruise port). If using some sort of shuttle or taxi and only here for one night I would look downtown (yes more expensive, but walking distance to "stuff"). If you want to stay near the airport I would look for a place on International blvd. (the road into the airport) as there are much more places to eat with in walking distance (assuming no vehicle).

• 2 weeks later...
The Charleston CVB has a pretty good list of local hotels offering parking, shuttles, cruise packages, etc. Contact them - they're very helpful. CharlestonCVB.com

Be careful booking through the links though. Make sure you are getting the cruise package. I just booked the BW Charleston Inn through the link but it wasn't the package price. And BW is refusing to change it since I did the pre pay rate. :mad: I am going to cancel it with AmEx when the charge shows up, and book a different hotel. That is very poor customer service.

Be careful booking through the links though. Make sure you are getting the cruise package. I just booked the BW Charleston Inn through the link but it wasn't the package price. And BW is refusing to change it since I did the pre pay rate. :mad: I am going to cancel it with AmEx when the charge shows up, and book a different hotel. That is very poor customer service.

The cruise package was more than the pre-pay rate huh? If so, that backs up what I've suggested for a long time to many people looking for a park and cruise package.

Most of the time, hotels raise the rate for the parking package so it's usually cheaper and more convenient to find a room closer then just park at the Charleston port since the cruise is only about 5 days.

Good luck with your dispute.