Dubai / Middle East

welshrich

Hello, Husband and I are off on a cruise from Barcelona to Dubai, Has anyone else done this and had experience of how we are received on this type of itinerary, I don't mean actually on the ship, more the ports which are Israel and Jordan and any tips for Dubai, I've heard it will be frowned upon for me to put suncream on him in public - or is this just a rumour?

Hello

I have done this area on a cruise and found it like any other area of the world, if you aren't flaunting, they will leave you alone.

The strange thing that has always puzzled me was it is quite normal for good male friends to hold hands but if you are gay or even bi, that is frowned upon.

I lived in Dubai for 3 months and found they do frown on anything that can be misconstrued as sexual between men/men and also between men/women as well

It is a fascinating part of the world.

If you can possibly do it, Petra is totally magical to see

We had a great cruise that stopped in Israel and Dubai as well as Oman. They were all very welcoming. As with all Countries, wether we like it or not, they have different feeling about the gay lifestyle. Just do not flaunt it in public and you will be fine. My husband and I walked together in all of the places, never holding hands, and were warmly welcomed. Enjoy yourselves