Renting a car

cruiseguy1016

I'm looking for advice on renting a car while in Barbados. Instead of paying for a tour, I think I'd rather rent a car so I can tour the island at my own pace. Is there is a good place to rent a car near the cruise terminal? Do the cars come with a decent map of Barbados? If not, do the rental agencies have maps for sale? Any advice on doing things this way would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for advice on renting a car while in Barbados. Instead of paying for a tour, I think I'd rather rent a car so I can tour the island at my own pace. Is there is a good place to rent a car near the cruise terminal? Do the cars come with a decent map of Barbados? If not, do the rental agencies have maps for sale? Any advice on doing things this way would be greatly appreciated.

I know Stoute's car rentals use to have a kiosk there but not sure if they are still there. If you do a google search of car rental companies in Barbados you should be able to find some options.

Plan on getting lost with or without a good map. May be worth it to get a gps with the car. Touring around the island is fun.

I never get "lost". I might not know exactly where I am at all times :D but I'll find my way to where I want to be eventually. For me, part of the fun is looking at the sights while trying to figure out where I'm going.

I know Stoute's car rentals use to have a kiosk there but not sure if they are still there. If you do a google search of car rental companies in Barbados you should be able to find some options.

Ken, check out Coutesy car rental at the cruise port!

Thanks for the suggestions. Stoute's no longer operates the kiosk at the pier, it is now run by Courtesy Car. I contacted Courtesy and they are sold out for the day that we will be in Barbados. After a little more research, I found Coconut Car Rentals and have booked a car through them. They are going to pick me up at the pier and drive me to their office which is 5 minutes away. I will try to remember to report back about my experience with them.

Thanks for the suggestions. Stoute's no longer operates the kiosk at the pier, it is now run by Courtesy Car. I contacted Courtesy and they are sold out for the day that we will be in Barbados. After a little more research, I found Coconut Car Rentals and have booked a car through them. They are going to pick me up at the pier and drive me to their office which is 5 minutes away. I will try to remember to report back about my experience with them.

Coconut car rentals is a good choice but the ride is a bit more thant 5 minutes. Depending on traffic it maybe about 10-15 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I was hoping to find your report. We are thinking about renting a car, and would like to know how it went for you.