Unfair treatment by Cunard ?

hooked cruiser

We are flying to Miami soon to join the QM2 for 14 nights which if booked in the USA would be classed as a B2B as it has 2 different cruise booking numbers. However I have been informed today by Cunard (UK) that because my holiday includes the flight from the UK and lasts 15 nights it is only classed as 1 trip even though the company confirm that it is officially 2 voyages.

It would appear that although at the end of the first week we return to where we started and then continue the cruise this in the eyes of the company is conveniently to them 1 trip.

If this is the case then it would take twice as long to move "up the ladder" as they say than my many friends who live in the USA, where is the equallity Cunard?

Hi HookedCruiser

We also booked the 15 night cruise from the uk, and we have the same cabin for both weeks. However, when I booked I knew that the usa had advertised the trip as seperate cruises with a return to embarkation port in the middle. I was happy to be credited with just the one cruise. I know of some passengers in the usa who having booked it as a B2B and actually have to change their cabin midway. An inconvience that we do not have to endure.

Shellie x

That is a fair comment you make and I take your point. Maybe it is is a small sacrifice for the knowledge that you wont have to pack and unpack again throughout the trip.

It is just so frustrating that the company admit that it is 2 cruises but they are guided by the regulations set by Carnival. Maybe I will attend an AGM one day and bring the point up but its a long way to travel just to ask a question. Maybe we will just take another cruise instead.

I made mention of this to them during our conversation only to be told that it had to be a trip of a duration exceeding 29 days unfortunately.

Seems we are getting a raw deal yet again, I think I will move to Florida and save myself the air fares and get to the top that much quicker, although it's a big sacrifice just to get free use of the internet I suppose.

Seems we are getting a raw deal yet again, I think I will move to Florida and save myself the air fares and get to the top that much quicker, although it's a big sacrifice just to get free use of the internet I suppose.

I wish we lived in Florida. We could do a "house swap" for a year until you got all the cruises added up for the perks!! We are currently investigating a trip to the British Isles this July. Hubbys ancestory is Wales and mine is Scot/Irish. We are not interested in England, just Wales, Scotland and Ireland. There is a Princess cruise on July 4th that we are looking into.

Hope you get it all worked out!!

Have a great cruise!

There are some very good points here. Cunard seems to be, in effect, penalizing passengers for taking back to back cruises. We ran into this on the 3 day West Coast Break and the 11 day Royal Hawaiian Liner cruises.

There was was a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit bowl waiting for us when we boarded for the first cruise and no bottle of champagne at the beginning of the second. We asked about it to several people - our steward, Concierge and Purser - and were told that it is only offered to "boarding" passengers. Anyway, we finally did receive a bottle of champagne but how shortsighted to try to slight returning passengers. We certainly deserved all the perks! Mind you there was no discount for taking back to back trips! Fortunately, that was the only negative showing for Cunard.

Archived