JFK Delta to Alitalia connection time

mina

is two hour layover sufficient to go from Delta terminal 4 (phx origination) to Alitalia international terminal 1 (JFK to FCO)? (all on one ticket) Do you need to exit and go back through security to get to terminal 1? Thank you!

It is a legal connection. You should be ok as you will be checked in for the Alitalia flight in Phx. I wouldn't waste any time in between. I like at least three hours when connecting to a European flight to allow for flight delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a legal connection. You should be ok as you will be checked in for the Alitalia flight in Phx. I wouldn't waste any time in between. I like at least three hours when connecting to a European flight to allow for flight delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this a year ago in May. I remember having to take the Air Train from Delta's terminal over to the Alitalia terminal because were was no air-side way to go... So, you've got the nasty TSA to do there. Two hours will be OK, but you do not have time to dawdle. Get over to the Alitalia terminal T1 and relax there. Me - I like to have 3+ hours to connect at JFK. If everything goes smoothly, I just hide out at the T4 Sky Lounge or, if doing business on Alitalia, over at the Alitalia lounge. T4 also has some good food outlets if you are hungry and are waiting in T4 for a flight.

You have to take Air Train, there are two tracks or sides for the train. The inner track just goes to terminals and travels in reverse order of the terminal numbers. This is the train you want as you will leave T4, stop at T2 and then exit at T1 (there is no T3, torn down).

The other train outer track goes to terminals in ascending order and then exit's the property to Jamaica LIRR Station or the Long Term Parking Lots and NYCTA A subway train. You would travel much longer/further to the end point and then back to get to T1.

If the next terminal is T5 then exit and cross to the other side. Otherwise you are heading in the right direction.