What kinds of things are there to do in the port?

tencruisersplusbaby

If you just walk around the Naval Dockyard there are a lot of historical facts/sites about the dockyard. You can see glass blowing and rum cakes being made. There's a small mall and other shops around. An ice cream place. The Frog and Onion is a nice place with craft beers. I think there's a trolley that takes you around the area if you don't want to walk.

Barb

If you just walk around the Naval Dockyard there are a lot of historical facts/sites about the dockyard. You can see glass blowing and rum cakes being made. There's a small mall and other shops around. An ice cream place. The Frog and Onion is a nice place with craft beers. I think there's a trolley that takes you around the area if you don't want to walk.

Barb

I would probably be concerned about bringing a toddler into the glass blowing place. The shelves displaying everything for sale are from floor level to chin height, so very easy for little hands to break things. And if memory serves, the shelves contain "You break it, you bought it" notices. Additionally, Bermuda rum cakes are not safe for children to eat, since the rum is added to the cake after it's baked. Everywhere else would be fine, though. Just thought I'd give a heads up on those two places.

No, the ferry goes to Hamilton (where you could take a bus or cab to Horseshoe/Warwick) and St George.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202015.pdf

Yes, ferry to St. George but ferry to Hamilton then bus or cab to Horseshoe/Warwick is the long way and not necessary. Beach shuttle or special bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe is the quickest.

I would suggest catching the shuttle to Horseshoe Beach. It is $16 a person, round trip, and I am thinking the toddler would be free. The shuttle drops you off at the bottom of the hill, right near the entrance to the beach and picks you up there too. As you enter onto the beach, to your right, there is a small cove that is shallow and protected from big waves. The little kids love it. Or you could walk to your left and, after you pass the main beach are, there are sever small protected beaches that would quieter and safe for your little one. If at all possible, I would suggest that you do this shuttle ride to really see the beauty that is Bermuda.

You can get to the Zoo/Aquarium on either bus #10 or #11. You have to get into Hamilton first and then pick one of these buses up at the bus station. Buses #7 and #8 run into Hamilton from the Dockyard. You can also take the Hamilton Ferry to get into Hamilton. It is quicker and a really scenic ride. This trip would mean that each member of your group would need 4 tokens at $4.50 each token for a total of $18 per person or a one day transportation pass for each person that would cost $19 for adults and half price for children. The convenience of the pass is worth the extra dollar. You can also get a two day pass for $31 and a three day pass for $44. The passes cover both ferries and buses in all zones.

You can get to the Zoo/Aquarium on either bus #10 or #11. You have to get into Hamilton first and then pick one of these buses up at the bus station. Buses #7 and #8 run into Hamilton from the Dockyard. You can also take the Hamilton Ferry to get into Hamilton. It is quicker and a really scenic ride. This trip would mean that each member of your group would need 4 tokens at $4.50 each token for a total of $18 per person or a one day transportation pass for each person that would cost $19 for adults and half price for children. The convenience of the pass is worth the extra dollar. You can also get a two day pass for $31 and a three day pass for $44. The passes cover both ferries and buses in all zones.

Taking two buses, #7 or 8, followed by #10 or 11 and vice versa would only require one $4.50 token per person in each direction, $9 round trip per person, because you can get a free transfer for for the second bus. You request the transfer from the first bus driver.

Taking two buses will result in a half hour longer trip in each direction than taking the ferry and a #10 or 11 bus.