Current Belize dive options?

divinmule

Ok so we are going back to Belize on this trip and we have plenty of time to Not use the ship operator...

so who have you used and how was you excursion?

We don't mind spending a bit it the operators are reputable and the sites are good. ;)

Thanks guys

We used Sea Sport Belize.

Dives were nice, but with limited time we didn't go to the blue hole. Surface was a simple lunch on a little island. Con- very little to no shade on boat. If you burn make sure you pay attention to the bring a sun hat and long sleeve shirt note on the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used Sea Sport Belize.

Dives were nice, but with limited time we didn't go to the blue hole. Surface was a simple lunch on a little island. Con- very little to no shade on boat. If you burn make sure you pay attention to the bring a sun hat and long sleeve shirt note on the confirmation.

Thanks

Looks like they are the best option. Were they easy to arrange the dives with?

Thanks

Looks like they are the best option. Were they easy to arrange the dives with?

Yep

All set up was done by email.

Finding them was easy once we were off the ship Took a left after we were out of the terminal - told all the "helpful"people along the way that we were already booked they all told us to just keep going the way we were going. They dropped us off at the port area on the way back.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm looking for private operator also.

Just looked up Sea Sports Belize & their prices to Turneffe Atolls are $192 + $34 for equip rental = $228

Princess excursion price is $210, which includes equip

Plus, dive boat picks me up directly from cruise ship, saving boat tender from cruise ship to shore first.

Guess, I'll just use ship excursion.

Any thoughts or other sugg...?

Thanks,

I've done the Blue Hole, though not on a ship's excursion. I stay at a dive resort in Belize at least once a year.

It's a bucket list dive but to be honest, once was enough. If you go to 130 feet you can see stalagtites (spelling?) and stalagmites and the reef sharks will come close enough to touch when you're between 40 and 100 feet, but other than that it was just blue. Plus if you get there after 9 am it's crowded with boats; it was empty when we arrived at 8:30.