First time cruising on Spirit Athens to Venice

lenclan

Planning to cruise for the first time on SS in September. Chose voyage based on itinerary - Athens to Venice. Never been to Greece/ Croatia. Been to Venice few times and LOVE IT!

Any valuable advice about the ship/ restaurants/ dress code/ itinerary will be greatly appreciated. A little disappointed to read that most people here prefer their smaller ships to Spirit. :(

Hope it will be enjoyable trip! Can 't wait...

I am considering a Venice to Istanbul on the Spirit 2015 and am concerned to hear so many negative comments about this ship. Having sailed on the Whisper, I wasn't overly impressed but there were no major negatives. I would say it was a pleasant trip...is the Spirit really that much worse?

Lenclan,

We are on your exact itinerary in late June and will be happy to provide our perspective at that time. Just watch for our live report.

We've been on the Shadow, Whisper, and Cloud. So, we are really looking forward to our first voyage aboard the Spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning to cruise for the first time on SS in September. Chose voyage based on itinerary - Athens to Venice. Never been to Greece/ Croatia. Been to Venice few times and LOVE IT!

Any valuable advice about the ship/ restaurants/ dress code/ itinerary will be greatly appreciated. A little disappointed to read that most people here prefer their smaller ships to Spirit. :(

Hope it will be enjoyable trip! Can 't wait...

Welcome to CC SS. :)

If you could list the ports - I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions.

I was one of the nay-sayers about the Spirit 3 years ago. We just spent 2 weeks aboard and had a delightful trip. There are many SS loyalists to the 1st 4 ships. When the Spirit was introduced, it was very different from the others and some of us were having growing pains and growls. I will deny the charge of 'not adjusting well to change' but I do admit I may have judged her too quickly. It is still not my favorite SS ship but she is just fine for the size. You will have a great trip!

I will be looking forward to hear comments about your experience while cruising in June, Stumblefoot.

The ports are Athens, Corfu, Kotor ( overnight), Dubrovnik, Hvar, Venice

We will have private guides in Athens and Venice.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated! First time on SS cruise!