St. Croix two weeks ago

beshears

Can you tell us what you did in port? Also, what day of the week were you there? We'll be there on a Sunday and am afraid there won't be much to do other than go to the beach or on an organized tour.

Can you tell us what you did in port? Also, what day of the week were you there? We'll be there on a Sunday and am afraid there won't be much to do other than go to the beach or on an organized tour.

I was there two weeks ago on a Sunday as well and I can tell you St. Croix was our favorite island of the five we visited and was our first time there. I rented a car about 3 months before we arrived. You must make a reservation though, they do not take walk ups. It's a very small rental (budget) so get off the ship as soon as you can to be one of the first there. Its island time and they don't move very fast. Our first stop was the beer drinking pigs which was something to see. Second we drove to Christiansted the capital, parked and walked around the harbor which was very nice. We also went into some shops there to get some souvneirs. Next we drove out to Point Udall the most easternmost point in the United States. The views were breathtaking. We wanted to hit the Cruzan Rum factory on way back but didn't have time. We did stop at Sandcastle beach for a short time before we returned the car around 3 pm. It seems like a lot but it is very doable. Didn't mean to hijack the thread but thought I would share our experience.

• 3 weeks later...
I was there two weeks ago on a Sunday as well and I can tell you St. Croix was our favorite island of the five we visited and was our first time there. I rented a car about 3 months before we arrived. You must make a reservation though, they do not take walk ups. It's a very small rental (budget) so get off the ship as soon as you can to be one of the first there. Its island time and they don't move very fast. Our first stop was the beer drinking pigs which was something to see. Second we drove to Christiansted the capital, parked and walked around the harbor which was very nice. We also went into some shops there to get some souvneirs. Next we drove out to Point Udall the most easternmost point in the United States. The views were breathtaking. We wanted to hit the Cruzan Rum factory on way back but didn't have time. We did stop at Sandcastle beach for a short time before we returned the car around 3 pm. It seems like a lot but it is very doable. Didn't mean to hijack the thread but thought I would share our experience.

Sky I'm so glad you had a good time!

Sky I'm so glad you had a good time!

Thank you and thanks for all your help. Would love to do a land vacation to St. Croix at some point. Who knows we may even retire there in 20 years, lol. We really enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you and thanks for all your help. Would love to do a land vacation to St. Croix at some point. Who knows we may even retire there in 20 years, lol. We really enjoyed it.

Just remember West is Best! Can't have cool people living on the east end....