Bergen Cruise Ship Photos

Having moved to Bergen a few months ago I have now put together a collection of cruise ship photos into a blog, which I thought might interest some people here. Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think

Appreciate your posting and pictures. We super loved Bergen and had a spectacular sunny day there. Your pictures bring back nice memories. For our day in Bergen, July 14, 2010, as detailed on the below live/blog, there were five ships in ports. Lots of fun, historic, culture, shopping, excitement in charming city.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 147,607 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi

I will be in Bergen next June, is there any else to do besides the HOHO Bus?

Thanks

Hi. There is plenty to do in Bergen! The city centre is quite small and very comfortable to get around on foot. You can see the historic waterfront, fish market, and a selection of museums and galleries this way. Also the cable car up mount fløyen leaves from a very central location. Alternatively it is a very nice and not too demanding walk to the top, where the views are incredible!

Most cruise ships dock close enough to the city centre to walk straight from the terminal. If you let me know what ship you'll be on and what date I can let you know whether you'd be better off taking the ho-ho bus or just exploring the city gently on foot :)

Hi UKcruise88

Thanks. I will be on the HAL Rotterdam next June 2015.

We will be visiting:

Eidfjord: 07H00 - 15H00

Alesund: 09h00 - 19h00

Geiranger: 07H00 - 16H00

Bergen: 08h00 - 17h00

We have plans for Alesund but haven't decided on the others , as yet.

Thanks

It looks like you will be docked at Dokkeskjærskaien, which unfortunately is a little further out of town (maybe an extra 10 or 15 minutes walk to the centre).

If HAL are providing a shuttle I would recommend taking this to the centre and exploring by yourself from there. It's easy to fill up a day looking round at a very comfortable pace.

As for the other ports I can't really make any suggestions. I hope you have a great time in Bergen. Let me know if there's any more info you need and I'll try to help if I can :)

• 3 weeks later...

we have heard the funicular trip is exact change Nor. kroner. This would be the machine that issues tickets and the ticket window? I don't mind getting some local cash but exact change when it is not an even amount takes a little work. We will be in Bergen on Aug 28 on the Eurodam. Thanks.

Can you check/tell where ms Rotterdam on August 25th will dock? I heard ms Ryndam will be in port too that day. Any idea if they dock close together?

Thanks in advance.

we have heard the funicular trip is exact change Nor. kroner. This would be the machine that issues tickets and the ticket window? I don't mind getting some local cash but exact change when it is not an even amount takes a little work. We will be in Bergen on Aug 28 on the Eurodam. Thanks.

We paid at the window in Nor. Kr. and got change as I didn't have the exact money.

We left the ship just after 8 and walked leisurely to the station, one train left as we arrived and we got on the next, hardly any wait. By the time we came down the queue was enormous.

Can you check/tell where ms Rotterdam on August 25th will dock? I heard ms Ryndam will be in port too that day. Any idea if they dock close together?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, the link to the cruise schedule is here:

http://www.bergenhavn.no/forventede-cruiseanlop

Bontelabo and Skolten are located close together and an easy 5-10 min walk into town.

Jekteviksterminalen and Dokkeskjærskaien are both in the working dock a little further from the centre. For these I believe a free shuttle bus is provided.

Hope this helps, let me know if you can't find what you were after :)

We were in Bergen the end of May. We took the funicular one way (up to the top). We used a credit card to pay for it. Capital One does not charge a conversion fee and there is no annual fee either. It worked great. The view was absolutely beautiful. We walked back down the hill. It was a paved pathway (about 5 feet wide). The walk was really nice. It was very green and there were some nice views. It is a couple of miles down to the bottom, but a very easy walk. Have a fun trip.