Land taxi from San Basilio to Venice airport

mriguySeattle

I'm not totally sure a land taxi can come to San Basilio. Maybe if nobody knows, you could post in your cruise line's section, or in the river cruises section as most of us on here are cruisers on larger ships that dock at the regular cruise port (Maritimma). I suppose you could take a vaporetto or private water taxi to Piazalle Roma, where there are plenty of cabs? Not sure what's best. Perhaps the Venice port guide in Tomsportguides.com or else the "Venice for Visitors" site would cover San Basilio, or look for the Venice tourism site and email them.

Good luck.

I'm not totally sure a land taxi can come to San Basilio. Maybe if nobody knows, you could post in your cruise line's section, or in the river cruises section as most of us on here are cruisers on larger ships that dock at the regular cruise port (Maritimma). I suppose you could take a vaporetto or private water taxi to Piazalle Roma, where there are plenty of cabs? Not sure what's best. Perhaps the Venice port guide in Tomsportguides.com or else the "Venice for Visitors" site would cover San Basilio, or look for the Venice tourism site and email them.

Good luck.

Land taxis can reach San Basilio. I docked there a couple of years ago on a small ship.

However, I didn't use a taxi to the airport so can't offer the OP any help there.

We're disembarking at Venice San Basilio (Royal Clipper, 225 pax) and want to pre-book a land taxi to get us quickly to Venice airport. Does anyone know a website where I can pre-book? Or are there usually ample taxis awaiting the ship? Thanks.
This is the taxi company that the port web site links to: http://www.radiotaxivenezia.com/en/

Port web site here: http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp?idm=CE5JJ6G60KY7L5BC&prg=3&page=3