Beach for kids within walking distance?

hott24girl

Hello all,

is there a beach within walking distance that we could take our kids to in Bonaire?

This is the first time taking our children on a cruise and we have never been to this port ourselves so we are a bit worried about what to do.

The youngest is 8 so we can walk a good distance but would like to avoid being in unsafe situations and would like to avoid taxis if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

We do not recall any decent beach within walking distance. Bonaire is a true divers (and snorkelers) haven....but not famous for beaches. With kids we would probably grab a taxi to the Lac Bay area...but perhaps others have a better idea. By the way,..a taxi from town to Lac Bay would probably cost you about $25 each way (total cost for a taxi).

Hank

Hello all,

is there a beach within walking distance that we could take our kids to in Bonaire?

This is the first time taking our children on a cruise and we have never been to this port ourselves so we are a bit worried about what to do.

The youngest is 8 so we can walk a good distance but would like to avoid being in unsafe situations and would like to avoid taxis if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Me and my friends were there twice within past 2 years with 3 kids. 7, 11 and 13. The island is very safe just like other Ditch islands. Both time we took water taxi to Klein Bonaire. The small inhabited island is right off the main island and water taxi runs every hour. They have beach area with beautiful turquoise water and snorkeling area if you like to snorkel. Any beach within walking distance from the pier would rocky for the kids to enter the water.

Me and my friends were there twice within past 2 years with 3 kids. 7, 11 and 13. The island is very safe just like other Ditch islands. Both time we took water taxi to Klein Bonaire. The small inhabited island is right off the main island and water taxi runs every hour. They have beach area with beautiful turquoise water and snorkeling area if you like to snorkel. Any beach within walking distance from the pier would rocky for the kids to enter the water.

ODECCIT - thanks for jumping in on this thread. Always appreciate the guidance of others in these situations. I've heard of Klein and it sounds great. Is so uninhabited though that we would have to bring our own food/drink? No chairs etc. Is that correct?

ODECCIT - thanks for jumping in on this thread. Always appreciate the guidance of others in these situations. I've heard of Klein and it sounds great. Is so uninhabited though that we would have to bring our own food/drink? No chairs etc. Is that correct?

Absolutely no services on the island. You'll have to bring your own drinks and food. No chairs to rent , but it has some shade from the trees. One of my favorite spots in the Caribbean

How far is the water taxi stop from where the ships dock?

No bathrooms either I've heard, so I hope they can hold it for hours.

#1 might not be a problem (do it in the water) but #2 could be another issue!

I recommend Lac Bay, Google it and see how pretty and shallow the water is. Perfect for kids. Also food, restrooms, beach chairs, etc. there.

No bathrooms either I've heard, so I hope they can hold it for hours.

#1 might not be a problem (do it in the water) but #2 could be another issue!

I recommend Lac Bay, Google it and see how pretty and shallow the water is. Perfect for kids. Also food, restrooms, beach chairs, etc. there.

There is an option going back by water taxi for #2 and come back. Water taxi's flat rate is for unlimited rides.