Southampton Disembarkation after TA

Folks,

We will be ding a TA on Celebrity which will finish in Southampton. We have a couple of questions:

Will we pass through Customs after we disembark?

What time is a reasonable yet safe time to tell the car service to pick us up? tricky question with a lot of variables I know, but I don't want either the car or ourselves waiting too long.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

Folks,

We will be ding a TA on Celebrity which will finish in Southampton. We have a couple of questions:

Will we pass through Customs after we disembark?

What time is a reasonable yet safe time to tell the car service to pick us up? tricky question with a lot of variables I know, but I don't want either the car or ourselves waiting too long.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

Customs and Immigration is a given.

Hi Sid,

Immigration doesn't involve airport-size lines, all very civilised. Normally no more than ten minutes.

For most folk there's no delay at all at customs - you won't even know you've walked thro' customs unless one of her majesty's finest taps your shoulder.

Seems you have no deadline to be somewhere.

So make it a 9.30 pick-up, & enjoy a leisurely breakfast while the herd is jamming the elevators & gangways & baggage hall & such. But don't make it later, the last of the passengers will have been thrown off the ship about 9.30.

You'll be on the road after the commuter rush. :)

JB :)

JB,

Thank you. At present we have a scheduled pick up at 10:00, and I was thinking that might be a bit later than we would like. I don't want to be off early and wait if I don't have to.

The car company indicated that the usual pickup time was 0900, and I think I may change it to that.

We can't wait to see the countryside as we drive to London. We are at the Landmark Hotel and plan to do London one day, and book a tour to perhaps Windsor, although I would like to see Bath and possibly Saulisbury (sp?) for the cathedral. I had wanted to see Stonehenge, but based on a lot of feedback, some from folks who are originally from England (Nottingham), it is not all that much. For me it was a bucket list thing, but there are others. Harrod's is a must; we were there in 1999 and loved it.

Again, thanks.

Sid1962

JB,

Thank you. At present we have a scheduled pick up at 10:00, and I was thinking that might be a bit later than we would like. I don't want to be off early and wait if I don't have to.

The car company indicated that the usual pickup time was 0900, and I think I may change it to that.

Sid1962

I would change the pick up to 9 am

Most ships will have you off before that & if not they will kick you off by then :D

You do not want to be hanging out for 1 hr at the port

JMO

Lyn