Eurostar: which car for quick exit in London (& getting a cab)?

Based on people's experiences -- do the cars with power for electronics have more folks chattering away on their cell phones?

Not in my limited experience. I took the first train out and last train back to London and everyone pretty much slept in both directions.

Are you able to use phones when you are under the channel? Otherwise, when you are above ground,

Unless you sit in the 'quiet' zones,where phones are supposedly banned, it's a national pastime. :D:eek:

According to the "Man in Seat 61," Eurostar ended its experiment with "quiet cars." Are there actually any places on the train where cell phone use is prohibited?

When they display the Visa/MC logo their should be the obligation.
True - but most which do display credit card logos will take cards (although sadly this is not universal). But there is no general obligation on black cabs to take cards.
Unfortunately that is the case, and it something that ought to be changed ASAP.
I agree, and I'd support a move to the NYC system which was very refreshing read when I discovered it. Even if I have only paid cash as usual after all!

True - but most which do display credit card logos will take cards (although sadly this is not universal).

We tried four black cabs which displayed the Visa/MC logo and none would take a credit card. Thank goodness for Uber. :)