Wind spirit 10 day tahiti excursions

fthomka

Hello there, excited to be booked for our first Windstar cruise. I have been looking at excursions and just wondering if people have preferred booking privately or with Windstar. Any recommendations. I have been on trip advisor and am looking at:

- tahaa, having trouble finding something that is out of tahaa

- rangiroa, iles aux récifs with Leon

- huahine nautique tour

- bora bora, pure snorkelling half day lagoon tour for me while husband does helicopter tour. Wondering if he should do the 45 min or 60 min tour. He loves them.

- bora bora, second day?

- moorea, jo half day tour

I would love to hear what people most enjoyed on the cruise. We love smaller tours and a range of activities. Thanks!

Hello there, excited to be booked for our first Windstar cruise. I have been looking at excursions and just wondering if people have preferred booking privately or with Windstar. Any recommendations. I have been on trip advisor and am looking at:

- tahaa, having trouble finding something that is out of tahaa

That's because this is the private island day. Just go there and enjoy.

- rangiroa, iles aux récifs with Leon

Looks nice, never done this

- huahine nautique tour

Is this Marc's tour? You are pretty limited to excursions here, if I remember. That one is o.k.

- bora bora, pure snorkelling half day lagoon tour for me while husband does helicopter tour. Wondering if he should do the 45 min or 60 min tour. He loves them.

- bora bora, second day?

For me, Bora Bora is about snorkeling and the beach.

- moorea, jo half day tour

Don't know what "jo half day tour" is. Highly suggest you not take this and choose Dr. Poole's tour. The best tour I have taken on any cruise:

http://drmichaelpoole.com/

Tahaa was a great day. It is a private island, Windstar takes all their water toys, the bar, chairs etc to the island. The island is so small you can walk around the entire island in about 10 minutes. It is a very relaxing day, and a great bbq.

We booked private trips on Bora Bora, Patricks 3/4 day lagoon trip and Polynesian feast, and Alberts ATV trip on Moorea. We loved both of them. The ships excursions have similar trips, but are a little more expensive. We enjoyed these trips because they were smaller groups than the ships excursions.

• 1 month later...

I was advised by Windstar that they do not host a private event on Tahaa. They were quite emphatic about this. I am on the 10 day cruise and they said it is not an option. When I asked why no excursions were posted ... And have never been posted ... They said it is because they are all full. So, back to the drawing board. With sailing on October 7 I am wondering what excursions people recommend, thanks!

I am not sure what the Windstar agent is talking about. Tahaa is a private island, and a barbecue lunch is served there. It's really a day to enjoy beach activities. I think many Windstar employees need better training.

Go to Windstar's webpage, find this cruise and click on "Cruise itinerary and ports". It clearly shows this is the day Windstar hosts the beach barbecue.

You can go to the Tahaa forum on tripadvisor and there are some excursions listed there.

Edited by 6rugrats

hi Joyce, look forward to seeing you on the cruise. And yes, Rugrats, I did say to the windstar people that I would be verrrry disappointed to book something and then have the day be a planned off ship day. Think I will leave unplanned and take my chances.