Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Tino is covering Tanya's break on Grandeur, then rejoins Serenade OTS on Sept 24th.

We had him on Harmony last October, so I guess he must want a break from the big ships.

We had Tino on Serenade in Autumn 2015 and he, along with Carly B as CD, was very visable. When he was on Harmony TA I didn't see very much of him so maybe his preferance is the smaller ships. Fab AM though! :)

We had Tino on Serenade in Autumn 2015 and he, along with Carly B as CD, was very visable. When he was on Harmony TA I didn't see very much of him so maybe his preferance is the smaller ships. Fab AM though! :)

Obviously, you won't see the CD or AM as much on an Oasis Class as a Radiance Class.

I saw a post on his personal FB page (which was where I found his new assignment) that he was "looking for something fresh" after doing a 4 month contract on Allure, and 2 months on Harmony last year, so possibly requested the move to Grandeur and Serenade.

Obviously, you won't see the CD or AM as much on an Oasis Class as a Radiance Class.

I saw a post on his personal FB page (which was where I found his new assignment) that he was "looking for something fresh" after doing a 4 month contract on Allure, and 2 months on Harmony last year, so possibly requested the move to Grandeur and Serenade.

Oh we certainly saw Abe Hughes as CD on Harmony!! Any time I saw Tino he was in a rush! Hopefully he will enjoy Grandeur and Serenade better! :)

He got an opportunity with Princess that he could not pass up. It would move him into Cruise Director for them after just one contract as Cruise Director Asst. He loved being with Royal and it showed him how much he loves doing this....but he wants the CD spot...and the move would get him there sooner.

We met Kevin on his very first contract with Royal as just a member of the CD Staff....he was wonderful....did some of the best trivia's.....I just wish him well....and you never know he could return to Royal at some point in time.

Thanks for the info.

I immediately felt that he was CD material, and suspected he'd move up quickly.

Whatever happened to Marvin Wilson? Haven't seen his name on this recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marvin was on Navigator then Oasis, which was a longer than normal contract. He went on break late June, so should be on a ship soon. Maybe he replaced Caroline on Indy??

Heres an on topic question!!

The last time I was on Indy was November 2014 and half way through that sailing Jamie Fentiman (then activities manager) took over as Cruise Director from Tim Connor who had to fly home due to a family emergency.

A British lady stepped in as activities manager. I am fairly sure her name was Gemma but I could be totally wrong.

Can anyone re-call her as I cant seem to see her on the boards. Jamie and Gemma (I think) made a great pairing baring in mind neither were in their employed roles.

Updated 9/19/17

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Renato Arena onboard until late October whenhe should be going on vacation. DanielDornas has confirmed with me that he joins Adventure on October 28.

****Allure OTS – Grant Martin should have returned in early August. (4 month contract???)

****Anthem OTS – Hugo Arenas is on board since mid May for a 4month contract therefore until mid Sept most likely.

****Brilliance OTS – TT Algon was on the 5/25/17 sailing…unsurewhen he started and therefore can’t speculate for how long. If someone is onboard and can ask that wouldbe WONDERFUL. In October (after hisvacation), Flavio Maeda will be joining BR

****Empress OTS – Cecy del Razo back onboard from early June for 4 months.

****Enchantment OTS – Who is on board?

****Explorer OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW? Speculation is that Amy Tripp may havereturned to EX, but unsure. She could beup for vacation after her time onAllure. Joe Chambers from Canada has beenonboard since 3/30/17. Likely a 4 monthcontract that will take him to the end of July – therefore he may NOW be onvacation…..LOOKING to hear from a cruiser onboard.

****Freedom OTS – On 8/7Danny Klophaus probably for 4 months. He took over from Flavio Maeda who wenton vacation. After his vacation (midOctober), Flavio will join Brilliance.

****Grandeur OTS – Tino Jackson has taken over for Tornado Tanyawhile she is on vacation. Tino will bethere until 9/21, when Tanya returns and he will then go to Serenade. Tanya isgetting ready to head back to Grandeur and she said on FB she is lookingforward to it.

*****Harmony – Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (called Jerry) is onboard until 9/23, when Katy McCullagh returns from hervacation. When Katy returns to HM, Jerrywill go to Anthem on 9/23/17.

****Independence OTS – Who is onboard now that Caroline Peters,signed off on Sept 16 to go on vacation (I believe).

*****Jewel OTS – Mickey Martin is onboard. Do not know when he started, therefore can’tspeculate how long he will be onboard….if someone is sailing with him, perhapsyou can ask….super thanks!

*****LibertyOTS – Tresha Robb is on a 4 month contract until the end of November.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17probably for a 4 month contract.

*****Mariner OTS – WHO is currentlyonboard?

*****Navigator OTS – ElizabethHackett has taken over on 6/26/17 from Mark Rous who probably headed to vacationafter a 4 month contract.

*****Oasis OTS – Katie Turner began on 7/22/17 for a 4 month contract most likely.

***** Ovation – Agari G is on board now. He will be onboard until mid July when ayoung lady named Raphael will be taking over. Looking to learn when Raphael joins the ship.

***** Quantum – Who is onboard now?

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair takes over on 7/28/17 and willbe on board until 10/10/17 when Margot Van Erck returns.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez has taken overfrom Daniel Dornas in mid August probably for a 4 month contract since Danielis going to Adventure when he returns from vacation on October 28.

**** Serenade OTS – Aysy joined on 5/20/17 until 9/21 when Tino Jackson will takeover for 2 months.

***** Vision OTS – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is now AM asChristopher Hopkins has been promoted to CD on this ship as of 8/11/17(Congrats to Chris)

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang is onboard until October 2017.

Thanks to all the cruisers for information thatthey provide to me!

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, , Saini Gupta, Margot Van Erck, Grant Martin,Mickey Martin (doing a few weeks on an Azamara ship, returning to Jewelsometime in August), Caroline Pan, Eric (from Mexico, unknown last name), MarkRous, Mossese Vatuloka (began vacation 7/22), Katy McCullagh (returns from vacation on 9/23), , Amy Tripp(vacation maybe?); Caroline Peter

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, ZachStratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, EnzoMatijca, Giovanni DiPasquale, Kevin Tugwell

Splendour – ship retired April 2016; Legend – shipretired March 2017

It is very difficult to keep this list up to date without information from cruisers who sail with various AM's. I have relationships with some AM's as well as CD's, but not nearly all of them. I appreciate ALL of the help I get to keep this list as current as possible. When you learn something, even something small....please pass it along in the way of a post in this thread. Super Thanks! To those who had to have a visit from recent hurricanes, I hope you came out OK.....this hurricane season seems to be never ending....and I will surely look forward to my cruise on Allure at the end of November.

Heres an on topic question!!

The last time I was on Indy was November 2014 and half way through that sailing Jamie Fentiman (then activities manager) took over as Cruise Director from Tim Connor who had to fly home due to a family emergency.

A British lady stepped in as activities manager. I am fairly sure her name was Gemma but I could be totally wrong.

Can anyone re-call her as I cant seem to see her on the boards. Jamie and Gemma (I think) made a great pairing baring in mind neither were in their employed roles.

Chris Hopkins had a member of the CD Staff called Jemma Hampton from England filling in as AM during the February CD conference.

Could that be her? If so, it seemed like she wanted the promotion.

Chris Hopkins had a member of the CD Staff called Jemma Hampton from England filling in as AM during the February CD conference.

Could that be her? If so, it seemed like she wanted the promotion.

Yes I think thats her, I was just wondering if she had 'made it' yet but maybe not quite.

We have had a baby since our last cruise so we are looking forward to our indy sailing in October

It is very difficult to keep this list up to date without information from cruisers who sail with various AM's. I have relationships with some AM's as well as CD's, but not nearly all of them. I appreciate ALL of the help I get to keep this list as current as possible. When you learn something, even something small....please pass it along in the way of a post in this thread. Super Thanks! To those who had to have a visit from recent hurricanes, I hope you came out OK.....this hurricane season seems to be never ending....and I will surely look forward to my cruise on Allure at the end of November.

How have the hurricanes affected you guys down in Florida?

Wish I could be going on the Allure in November. I'm sure that Mitch and Grant will do a great job with the activities/hosting, and AL is a great ship, so you have something to look forward to at least!

How have the hurricanes affected you guys down in Florida?

Wish I could be going on the Allure in November. I'm sure that Mitch and Grant will do a great job with the activities/hosting, and AL is a great ship, so you have something to look forward to at least!

We escaped with little problems. Small roof leak that the roofer will take care of, he thinks that the winds moved one of our roof vents, but no lost roof tiles (which is good). Lots of trees down and plenty of branches down everywhere, but nothing hit the house.....no loss of power, lost internet and cable for a few days (that is annoying but not life threatening)....in the big picture we were VERY lucky. Thanks for asking.

Mitch returns to Allure on the same sailing we are going on. Grant may not be with us, since he is due to finish his contract in early November....we will just see who is onboard with us. I am SO looking forward to our sailing. We have sailed with Mitch before and know he will set up fun activities.

We escaped with little problems. Small roof leak that the roofer will take care of, he thinks that the winds moved one of our roof vents, but no lost roof tiles (which is good). Lots of trees down and plenty of branches down everywhere, but nothing hit the house.....no loss of power, lost internet and cable for a few days (that is annoying but not life threatening)....in the big picture we were VERY lucky. Thanks for asking.

Mitch returns to Allure on the same sailing we are going on. Grant may not be with us, since he is due to finish his contract in early November....we will just see who is onboard with us. I am SO looking forward to our sailing. We have sailed with Mitch before and know he will set up fun activities.

Glad to hear you guys are OK, and there isn't too much damage.

I thought Grant started early August, so a 4 month contract would take him to early December. 3 month contracts are rare, both here and the CD thread, and I'm pretty sure he got appointed the new regular AM on Allure after Tino switched to the smaller ships.

Glad to hear you guys are OK, and there isn't too much damage.

I thought Grant started early August, so a 4 month contract would take him to early December. 3 month contracts are rare, both here and the CD thread, and I'm pretty sure he got appointed the new regular AM on Allure after Tino switched to the smaller ships.

I counted incorrectly, so you are right. I have never came across Grant, it will be nice to meet another one! I have heard from other Royal employees that if a contract ends between Thanksgiving and New Years, often it is extended 4-5 weeks due to the very high cost of airfares. If so, Grant may be on Allure a little longer.

****Explorer OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW? Speculation is that Amy Tripp may havereturned to EX, but unsure. She could beup for vacation after her time onAllure. Joe Chambers from Canada has beenonboard since 3/30/17. Likely a 4 monthcontract that will take him to the end of July – therefore he may NOW be onvacation…..LOOKING to hear from a cruiser onboard.

I just got off the Explorer last Friday, and I can confirm that Amy Tripp is the AD. The CD is Dan Whitney. They were great! Loved the morning show each day.

Updated 9/27/17

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Renato Arena onboard until late October whenhe should be going on vacation. DanielDornas has confirmed with me that he joins Adventure on October 28.

****Allure OTS – Grant Martin should have returned in early August. (4 month contract???)

****Anthem OTS – Hugo Arenas is on board since mid May for a 4month contract therefore until mid Sept most likely.

****Brilliance OTS – TT Algon was on the 5/25/17 sailing…unsurewhen he started and therefore can’t speculate for how long. If someone is onboard and can ask that wouldbe WONDERFUL. In October (after hisvacation), Flavio Maeda will be joining BR

****Explorer OTS – Amy Tripp is onboard….she probably started inJuly and that would mean she should be on until November and possibly throughDecember.

****Freedom OTS – On 8/7Danny Klophaus probably for 4 months. He took over from Flavio Maeda who wenton vacation. After his vacation (midOctober), Flavio will join Brilliance.

****Grandeur OTS – Tino Jackson has taken over for Tornado Tanyawhile she is on vacation. Tino will bethere until 9/21, when Tanya returns and he will then go to Serenade. Tanya isgetting ready to head back to Grandeur and she said on FB she is lookingforward to it.

*****Harmony – Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (called Jerry) is onboard until 9/23, when Katy McCullagh returns from hervacation. When Katy returns to HM, Jerrywill go to Anthem on 9/23/17.

****Independence OTS – Who is onboard now that Caroline Peters,signed off on Sept 16 to go on vacation (I believe).

*****Jewel OTS – Mickey Martin is onboard. Do not know when he started, therefore can’tspeculate how long he will be onboard….if someone is sailing with him, perhapsyou can ask….super thanks!

*****LibertyOTS – Tresha Robb is on a 4 month contract until the end of November.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17probably for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – ElizabethHackett has taken over on 6/26/17 from Mark Rous who probably headed to vacationafter a 4 month contract.

*****Oasis OTS – Katie Turner began on 7/22/17 for a 4 month contract most likely.

***** Ovation – Agari G is on board now. He will be onboard until mid July when ayoung lady named Raphael will be taking over. Looking to learn when Raphael joins the ship.

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair takes over on 7/28/17 and willbe on board until 10/10/17 when Margot Van Erck returns.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez has taken overfrom Daniel Dornas in mid August probably for a 4 month contract since Danielis going to Adventure when he returns from vacation on October 28.

**** Serenade OTS – Aysy joined on 5/20/17 until 9/21 when Tino Jackson will takeover for 2 months.

***** Vision OTS – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is now AM asChristopher Hopkins has been promoted to CD on this ship as of 8/11/17(Congrats to Chris)

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, , Saini Gupta, Margot Van Erck, Grant Martin,Mickey Martin (doing a few weeks on an Azamara ship, returning to Jewelsometime in August), Caroline Pan, Eric (from Mexico, unknown last name), MarkRous, Mossese Vatuloka (began vacation 7/22), Katy McCullagh (returns from vacation on 9/23), , Amy Tripp(vacation maybe?); Caroline Peter

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, ZachStratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, EnzoMatijca, Giovanni DiPasquale, Kevin Tugwell

Katy McCullagh just said on Facebook that she is going to Explorer in October for a short contract. Jerry is still onboard the Harmony, maybe he is on for 4 months and isn't going to Anthem any more.

Had Katy on my HM B2B in July, she showed potential to be a good AM, but not quite there yet. I did feel that her talents were wasted with Abe as CD, and she was better as an Assistant to Bobby, doing more of the "traditional" Activities Manager duties, many of which Abe preferred to do himself.

Updated 9/29/17

****Anthem OTS – Hugo Arenas is on board since mid May for a 4month contract therefore until mid Sept most likely. Is Hugo still onboard or has someone takenover?

****Explorer OTS – Amy Tripp currently onboard and KatyMcCullagh has said she is heading to Explorer in October for a shortcontract….perhaps to cover Amy’s vacation.

*****Harmony – Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (called Jerry) is onboard until 9/23, when Katy McCullagh returns from hervacation. As of today, it has beenreported that Jerry is still onboard…..not sure what this means regarding Katyor why Jerry hasn’t moved over to Anthem, which was the plan for him as of 9/23/17.