Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Ovation of the seas is Joff Eaton, he is awesome...Lol..

Joff is the Cruise Director, this one is for Activities Managers.

Below is the link to the Cruise Director list, which I update every time I get new info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2473025&page=21

Per the list: Joff is on Independence from May 27th to September 30th for the British summer season, then takes a 2 month break before joining Ovation (Probably in late November/early December) for the Australian summer season.

He took out Ovation last year, and also took her down under last year, so maybe that is where you got that info from.

I've noticed fairly consistent activities across ships in last few years, and the dying off of cruise classic activities. How much freedom are activity managers given to choose what is done, or are they choosing from a pre-set list. Has there been any new activities not done in the past, recently?

Updated 6/25/17

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!

****Adventure OTS – Eric (unknown last name) from Mexicoseems to have taken over from Renato Arena and he probably came on board earlyApril 2017. Perhaps it is only to coverRenato’s vacation until mid June…..we will see.

****Allure OTS – Amy Tripp arrived on 5/21/17for a two month contract. Going back toExplorer after this.

****Anthem OTS – Hugo Arenas has been spotted. He probably arrived in mid May.

****Brilliance OTS – TT Algon was on the 5/25/17 sailing…unsurewhen he started and therefore can’t speculate for how long. If someone is onboard and can ask that wouldbe WONDERFUL.

****Empress OTS – Cecy del Razo back onboard from early June for 4 months.

****Enchantment OTS – Who is on board? MauricioDiaz was the last one that I had been informed of, but that is quite a whileago…..is he still there?

****Explorer OTS – Joe Chambers from Canada has been onboard since3/30/17. Likely a 4 month contract thatwill take him to the end of July.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry (last name unknown) has been reported tome to be on Freedom by a cruiser on 5/22/17. No other information about lengthof contract for example.

****Grandeur OTS – TornadoTanya Yates Tongue is on until July 27, then she goes on vacation and returnsin September.

*****Harmony – KatyMcCullagh is onboard since 3/11 and will be on board until the middle of July.

****Independence OTS – Caroline Peter has been on Indy since mid May2017 possibly for a 4 month contract.

*****Jewel OTS - Daniel Klophausm is currentlyonboard I have been told. Unsure of whenhe started, so can’t speculate until when.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair took over from Tresha Robb 5/21/17 for a month contract. In mid July Tresha Robb should be returningfrom vacation.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17 probablyfor a 4 month contract.

*****Mariner OTS – Caroline Pan is onboard untilMay 29, 2017.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous did the Meet NMingle and we therefore know he has returned by 2/26/17.

*****Oasis OTS – Mossese Vatuloka joins the ship on 6/25/17 for one month andthen he heads home to Fijifor vacation?

***** Ovation – Who is onboard now?

***** Quantum – Who is onboard now?

*****Radiance OTS – Margot van Erck rejoined the ship 4/16/17 andshe will be on until July 20. Then Katrina Blair will be taking overwhen John Blair will be coming on board to cover the CD’s vacation. Katrina and John work as a team on ships.

**** Rhapsody OTS – It has been confirmed that DanielDornas joined the ship 5/27/17 probably for a 4 month contract.

**** Serenade OTS – Who is onboard NOW, since GrantMartin departed the ship on 5/20/17. Ansy

***** Vision OTS – ALERT: Chris Hopkins normally is the AM, butsince June 3rd has reportedly been filling in for the CD who had ahealth emergency. Usually someone fromthe Activity Team steps in as AM….who is it?

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang has confirmed withme that he is onboard until October 2017.

Thanks to all the cruisers for information thatthey provide to me!

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, Katrina Blair, Saini Gupta, Katie Turner,Daniel Klophaus, Tresha Robb, TinoJackson; Renato Arena, Angelle RuttenVan Hemert, Kevin Tugwell, Mickey Martin

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, ZachStratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, EnzoMatijca, Giovanni DiPasquale

Splendour – ship retired April 2016; Legend – shipretired March 2017

I've noticed fairly consistent activities across ships in last few years, and the dying off of cruise classic activities. How much freedom are activity managers given to choose what is done, or are they choosing from a pre-set list. Has there been any new activities not done in the past, recently?

From what I know, which is directly from CD's, is that the CD is in charge of creating the activity schedule which happens on ships. The more comfortable the CD is with their AM, the more input the CD would be willing to get from the AM. That is no different than in any other business relationship. I am sure that the CD's personality in concert with the AM's personality as well as the size of the ship have a lot to do with their options and scheduling.

For years now the 'Horse Race' activity hasn't been done -- and oh how I wish it would return. With the advent of bigger ships with more activities available on board, I expect it will never return.

Some CD's are very creative with what they do and also with the assignments they give their staff, including the AM.

For years now the 'Horse Race' activity hasn't been done -- and oh how I wish it would return. With the advent of bigger ships with more activities available on board, I expect it will never return.

Ditto. A lot of fun throughout the cruise. Seems like maybe today's CD's (except for a few that have been around a long time) aren't even aware of that cruise classic. There are probably cruise classics from before our time that died with cruise directors retiring and won't come back.

Looking forward to some new activities on our next RCI cruise. Thanks for maintaining the information.

Ditto. A lot of fun throughout the cruise. Seems like maybe today's CD's (except for a few that have been around a long time) aren't even aware of that cruise classic. There are probably cruise classics from before our time that died with cruise directors retiring and won't come back.

Looking forward to some new activities on our next RCI cruise. Thanks for maintaining the information.

This does spark the question from me to anyone reading this thread --- Do you have some ideas for activities that you would think could be fun to do on a cruise ship? Keep in mind that activities that are done on a ship need to facilitate participation by a reasonably large group of people therefore needing appropriate space on a ship.

If you are ever on a sailing with Isaac Sanchez Camacho (member of CD's Entertainment Staff -- he isn't an AM) you MUST take in the music trivia that he does. He is fabulous.....his own bundle of energy. You need to stay through the very last song, which will 'blow you away'. When we sailed with him on Empress (our second sailing with him) we were advised to make sure to stay till the very last song --- he blows you away with what he does! HE DID!

Paulette - I will try to find out any info from Katy on Harmony, as to who will be the next AM and the handover date. Will also try and give her a review as she has only been an AM since October, and people may want feedback given that she is on the world's largest.

Paulette - I will try to find out any info from Katy on Harmony, as to who will be the next AM and the handover date. Will also try and give her a review as she has only been an AM since October, and people may want feedback given that she is on the world's largest.

Super!

Updated 6/28/17

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!

****Adventure OTS – Eric (unknown last name) from Mexicoseems to have taken over from Renato Arena and he probably came on board earlyApril 2017. Perhaps it is only to coverRenato’s vacation until mid June…..we will see.

****Allure OTS – Amy Tripp arrived on5/21/17. Grant Martin will be replacingAmy in early August.

****Brilliance OTS – TT Algon was on the 5/25/17 sailing…unsurewhen he started and therefore can’t speculate for how long. If someone is onboard and can ask that wouldbe WONDERFUL.

****Enchantment OTS – Who is on board? MauricioDiaz was the last one that I had been informed of, but that is quite a whileago…..is he still there?

****Explorer OTS – Joe Chambers from Canada has been onboard since3/30/17. Likely a 4 month contract thatwill take him to the end of July.

****Freedom OTS – Jerry (last name unknown) has been reported tome to be on Freedom by a cruiser on 5/22/17. No other information about lengthof contract for example.

****Grandeur OTS – TornadoTanya Yates Tongue is on until July 27, then she goes on vacation and returnsin September.

*****Harmony – KatyMcCullagh is onboard since 3/11 and will be on board until the middle of July.

****Independence OTS – Caroline Peter has been on Indy since mid May2017 possibly for a 4 month contract.

*****Jewel OTS - Daniel Klophausm is currentlyonboard I have been told. Unsure of whenhe started, so can’t speculate until when.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair took over from Tresha Robb 5/21/17 for a month contract. In mid July Tresha Robb should be returningfrom vacation.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17probably for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous did the Meet NMingle and we therefore know he has returned by 2/26/17.

*****Oasis OTS – Mossese Vatuloka joins the ship on 6/25/17 for one month andthen he heads home to Fijifor vacation?

***** Ovation – Who is onboard now?

*****Radiance OTS – Margot van Erck rejoined the ship 4/16/17 andshe will be on until July 20. Then Katrina Blair will be taking overwhen John Blair will be coming on board to cover the CD’s vacation. Katrina and John work as a team on ships.

**** Rhapsody OTS – It has been confirmed that DanielDornas joined the ship 5/27/17 probably for a 4 month contract.

**** Serenade OTS – Who is onboard NOW, since GrantMartin departed the ship on 5/20/17. Ansy

***** Vision OTS – MickeyMartin returned from vacation early June 2017; ALERT: Chris Hopkins normally isthe AM, but since June 3rd has reportedly been filling in for the CDwho had a health emergency.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang has confirmed withme that he is onboard until October 2017.

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, Katrina Blair, Saini Gupta, Katie Turner,Daniel Klophaus, Tresha Robb, TinoJackson; Renato Arena, Angelle RuttenVan Hemert, Kevin Tugwell,

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, ZachStratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, EnzoMatijca, Giovanni DiPasquale

Updated 6/29/17

****Allure OTS – Amy Tripp arrived on5/21/17. Grant Martin will be replacingAmy in early August.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17probably for a 4 month contract.

***** Ovation – Agari G is on board now. I do not know when he started or for howlong.

***** Vision OTS – MickeyMartin returned from vacation early June 2017; ALERT: Chris Hopkins normally isthe AM, but since June 3rd has reportedly been filling in for the CDwho had a health emergency.

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, Katrina Blair, Saini Gupta, Katie Turner,Daniel Klophaus, Tresha Robb, TinoJackson; Renato Arena, Angelle RuttenVan Hemert, Kevin Tugwell,

****Allure OTS – Grant Martin will be replacingAmy in early August.

This seems to be a pattern that relatively new AM's are being assigned to Oasis/Quantum Class ships. I'm curious as to why that is?

Updated 6/30/17

****Adventure OTS – Eric (unknown last name) from Mexico seems to have taken over from Renato Arena and he probably came on board earlyApril 2017. Perhaps it is only to coverRenato’s vacation until mid June…..we will see.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair is on board until July 23rd when Tresha Robb (got this date from Tresha directly) returns for a 4 month contract.

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz takes over on 6/25/17 probably for a 4 month contract.

*****Mariner OTS – Caroline Pan is onboard until May 29, 2017. WHO is currently onboard?

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous did the Meet N Mingle and we therefore know he has returned by 2/26/17.

***** Ovation – Agari G is on board now. He will be onboard until mid July when ayoung lady named Raphael will be taking over.

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair should have joined the ship on7/20/17. Looking for confirmation.

**** Serenade OTS – Who is onboard NOW?

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, Katrina Blair, Saini Gupta, Katie Turner,Daniel Klophaus, Tresha Robb, TinoJackson; Renato Arena, Angelle RuttenVan Hemert, Kevin Tugwell, Margot Van Erck, Grant Martin

Aysy joined Serenade on May 20.

As for Radiance, there is a conflict in dates with when Katrina leaves Liberty. It was also reported on the CD thread that Steve and Margot did not know who would replace them, so maybe the Blairs have been reassigned.

Updated 7/1/17

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair will be onboard until July 23rd when Tresha Robbreturns for a 4 month contract.

*****Mariner OTS – Caroline Pan is onboard untilMay 29, 2017. WHO is currently onboard?

***** Ovation – Agari G is on board now. He will be onboard until mid July when ayoung lady named Raphael will be taking over.

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair should have joined the ship on7/20/17. Looking for confirmation.

**** Serenade OTS – Aysy joined on 5/20/17

Others: Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Flavio Maeda, Jeremie Gugliemi, Allison Currie, Elizabeth Hackett, Katrina Blair, Saini Gupta, Katie Turner,Daniel Klophaus, Tresha Robb, TinoJackson; Renato Arena, Angelle RuttenVan Hemert, Kevin Tugwell, Margot Van Erck, Grant Martin

I asked Abe on the Morning Show and Katy will still be onboard next week. I will try and find more info then.

How do you like Abe? As previously discussed, we had him on Anthem and absolutely loved him. At that time Chris Hopkins was his AM.

How do you like Abe? As previously discussed, we had him on Anthem and absolutely loved him. At that time Chris Hopkins was his AM.

Really like Abe, very enthusiastic and energetic, and love his Morning Show. I am not looking forward to Bobby Brown returning on Saturday, too low energy for Harmony and I predict a change in atmosphere, but hey, it's a B2B!

As it is the AM thread, I will mention that I am not too impressed by Katy as AM so far. Hopefully she will be better next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paulette, just debarked Harmony 30 minutes ago.I saw the Live morning show filming in the Compass on the Wayfinder, and sent a message to the show asking about Bobby and Katy's schedule. Unfortunately, no one turned up, so I couldn't get any more info.

I have heard a rumour that the next AM on Harmony is Katie Turner, but not 100% sure of that.