Port change

mlmbar

I was on Allure during Irma... on Wednesday when the ship was able to get back to the port they sent a message letting passengers know they could contact them to get help with finding flights and hotels in other cities due to the issues still going on in Fort Lauderdale after the hurricane... they did everything they could to help passengers.. they offered a very nice discounted four day cruise for those who could not or did not want to get off the ship.. we chose to stay on and avoid the airport issues ... during the cruise they opened up a conference room with phones and laptops for us to use ...

QUOTE=mlmbar;54092230]If a ship is moved to another port due to damage at that port, what does RCI do to accomodate the passengers with respect to flight changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If a ship is moved to another port due to damage at that port, what does RCI do to accomodate the passengers with respect to flight changes?

In the past, they have paid airline change fees when cruises have been cancelled.

Nice. So was it totally free to change flights, or did they just waive the change fee portion?

Southwest it was free to change your flights. Just be sure whatever airline you are using, you have their app installed on your phone and make the flight changes as soon as you can before the new flight you want fills up. When I was on the Allure during Irma, a heard of a few people "waiting" for a day or two before selecting a new flight and all the flights were full.

Following! San Juan is one of our favorite places. I'm so nervous for them. I was so relieved that they didn't bear the full force of Irma and now Maria. We are supposed to sail on AofS out of San Juan on 10-21. We always fly in a day early....prayers for people on Island and for the poor people of Dominica. We have trip insurance, but I feel like by the time things are officially closed/cancelled (if it comes to that) it'll be too late to find an alternative destination.

Following! San Juan is one of our favorite places. I'm so nervous for them. I was so relieved that they didn't bear the full force of Irma and now Maria. We are supposed to sail on AofS out of San Juan on 10-21. We always fly in a day early....prayers for people on Island and for the poor people of Dominica. We have trip insurance, but I feel like by the time things are officially closed/cancelled (if it comes to that) it'll be too late to find an alternative destination.

We are on the same sailing.

I just posed the question to RCCL on Facebook if they they would home port AOS somewhere else and they stated they do have other ports in mind but hope it doesn't come to that.

So at the very least I would expect an airport/hotel change.

No time frame for communication of such change was given.

I'm by no means trying to be a complainer (look at what the residents of the islands are going through!) im just a planner and a "do-er" and there is nothing to be done in this situation but wait and pray. DH and I are going somewhere on oct 21st, and I sure hope it's San Juan. But if its not that'll work itself out. We could always drive to NOLA and take a last min western Carib cruise. It'll just be rainy compared to the ABCs. After seeing all the videos from USVI of Irma, I just hate it for PR and the people of PR.

We are on the same cruise. Not worried if the cruise gets canceled.

Just praying for all the people in the path of the storm.

Missing the cruise is small potatoes compared to what these poor people are going through.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We are supposed to sail out on 30-Sept.. so a little closer to this hurricane. I hope for the best for San Juan, but also hope that RCL doesn't string along the possibility of a cruise happening if it's not going too. I saw too much of that happening during Irma with CCL on the FB postings. The major factor is any damage to the airport itself, seeing as almost everyone would need to fly into the island to depart on the cruise.

We are supposed to sail out on 30-Sept.. so a little closer to this hurricane. I hope for the best for San Juan, but also hope that RCL doesn't string along the possibility of a cruise happening if it's not going too. I saw too much of that happening during Irma with CCL on the FB postings. The major factor is any damage to the airport itself, seeing as almost everyone would need to fly into the island to depart on the cruise.

Totally agree! Need to be proctive. I do think they should temporarily move AOS to FL

Totally agree! Need to be proctive. I do think they should temporarily move AOS to FL

If this were to happen, we would need to know well before to change flights. Ours was direct to PR, so would definitely need changed. Hoping for the best.

Edit: Just saw on Twitter that they aren't announcing any changes for the 23-Sept AoS out of San Juan until Thursday morning?? Seriously? I doubt flights will be landing at SJU that soon after, but who knows.