Uniworld All Inclusive - REVIEWED YET --Anyone????

cindilouwho

Wait a few weeks and I'll get back to you. Leaving 3/28 for Castles on the Rhine, 3/30 to 4/6! Not that we are counting the days or anything...;)

Edited by jpalbny

Wait a few weeks and I'll get back to you. Leaving 3/28 for Castles on the Rhine, 3/30 to 4/6! Not that we are counting the days or anything...;)

HA!! Have a wonderful voyage! I am trying to escape this nasty nasty weather too....doing a 9 day out of NY in 2 weeks....but who's counting either!!!!!

I will be waiting to hear from you....

• 1 month later...

In a few words, it was fantastic! I'm working on a photo review. We loved it and will go again, some day when we have unlimited time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

In a few words, it was fantastic! I'm working on a photo review. We loved it and will go again, some day when we have unlimited time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to the photo review...please post the link when you can!

So glad you had a wonderful time!

We are going on 15 day, four countries June 7 on river princess. Have friends who traveled Uniworld two years ago, was not all inclusive then, but said the food, wine, tours, staff was excellent. The post on JP on uniworld now with pictures is saying a lot of good things. I feel like it will be a fabulous vacation.

It was awesome. I could not find any fault with Uniworld at all. From the time we landed in Budapest to walking off the ship in Passau, Uniworld looked after us very well. I remember (vaguely) a group of us sitting at the bar one evening and ordering one of every drink on the menu. We each sampled the selection and found ones we liked. It was neat to see 20+ glassses of booze on our table and not see a bill.

We did not abuse the alcohol policy but had fun trying new things.

We cruised with Uniworld a year ago and my review and pictures are in the link in my signature. The only thing that has changed for the new all-inclusive pricing is that all gratuities and liquor are included, which wouldn't have changed our experience very much. We were so tired after each day of touring that I wouldn't have wanted much more to drink after the wine at dinner.

I am booked for fall 2014 on Uniworld Vienna to Bucharest (skipping Istanbul) ... would like to hear anyone's impression of the new all inclusive format on any of the ships.

We just returned from the Douro river cruise and when they say "all inclusive" they mean "all inclusive". We had $300 OBC and because of their all inclusive policy, had to spend it in the boutique ;) because we were not charged for anything on the ship. Enjoy :D

Cole

We just returned from the Douro river cruise and when they say "all inclusive" they mean "all inclusive". We had $300 OBC and because of their all inclusive policy, had to spend it in the boutique ;) because we were not charged for anything on the ship. Enjoy :D

Cole

Just to clarify that - there were no optional excursions offered on the Douro cruise? This cruise is on our wish list.

Just to clarify that - there were no optional excursions offered on the Douro cruise? This cruise is on our wish list.

No optionals on the river cruise, but there was one on the pre-cruise in Lisbon. We opted to take it to Sintra and the cost was 55 Euros per person and was well worth it. We used on board credit to pay for it, so we felt it was "free". If you want more info check out the review that was done on April 22 and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Cole

Hey cindilouwho - are you on my ship? I'm doing the two weeks before also. Amsterdam to Vienna and then Vienna to Bucharest. I'm skipping Istanbul also.

I recognize your name from the Azamara boards. Aren't you a solo traveler also?

Hey cindilouwho - are you on my ship? I'm doing the two weeks before also. Amsterdam to Vienna and then Vienna to Bucharest. I'm skipping Istanbul also.

I recognize your name from the Azamara boards. Aren't you a solo traveler also?

Hi Becky! Yes I am travelling solo (as per usual). My cruise leaves on October 8 from Vienna to Bucharest. When are you going? I don't think I could handle the 29 days on board - I would miss the grandkids too much (and my husband, Miracle the cat).......

What cruise date are you on?

Hi Becky! Yes I am travelling solo (as per usual). My cruise leaves on October 8 from Vienna to Bucharest. When are you going? I don't think I could handle the 29 days on board - I would miss the grandkids too much (and my husband, Miracle the cat).......

What cruise date are you on?

You are on the second half of my cruise. I leave initially from Amsterdam on September 25th. October 8th is the turnover day for people who aren't doing the entire voyage.

I, too, will miss my fur babies terribly but I know they will be well cared for by their brother (my son). My job can be mentally exhausting so I've decided to take a sabbatical every couple years and decompress. Even though I'm going to be cruising for four weeks I'm thinking about flying up to Prague and checking it out on my way back. :)

The first half of the voyage has some places I've been before so I'll be lazy and just be putting around in those towns rather than taking tours. The two weeks you are onboard will be all new to me.

Is there a roll call for this trip? I tried looking but the river cruise roll call boards were such a disaster I lost patience and gave up. If there is can you give me the link? If not, maybe we should start one. :)

You are on the second half of my cruise. I leave initially from Amsterdam on September 25th. October 8th is the turnover day for people who aren't doing the entire voyage.

I, too, will miss my fur babies terribly but I know they will be well cared for by their brother (my son). My job can be mentally exhausting so I've decided to take a sabbatical every couple years and decompress. Even though I'm going to be cruising for four weeks I'm thinking about flying up to Prague and checking it out on my way back. :)

The first half of the voyage has some places I've been before so I'll be lazy and just be putting around in those towns rather than taking tours. The two weeks you are onboard will be all new to me.

Is there a roll call for this trip? I tried looking but the river cruise roll call boards were such a disaster I lost patience and gave up. If there is can you give me the link? If not, maybe we should start one. :)

That's great news Becky! I am on deck 4 - 406. Not that we will miss each other on this small boat!!! ;) I am stopping in Prague before the cruise and then thinking of taking the train to Vienna .... we'll see. I spent a week in Vienna last year and had a day in Budapest but everything else will be new too. I am getting off in Bucharest and not going to Istanbul. I actually was planning to see the Crimea before flying home but ......... :(

I started a Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1884809

Looking forward to meeting you and hopefully some folks from CC onboard! Nice to know that another solo will be onboard!

That's great news Becky! I am on deck 4 - 406. Not that we will miss each other on this small boat!!! ;) I am stopping in Prague before the cruise and then thinking of taking the train to Vienna .... we'll see. I spent a week in Vienna last year and had a day in Budapest but everything else will be new too. I am getting off in Bucharest and not going to Istanbul. I actually was planning to see the Crimea before flying home but ......... :(

I started a Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1884809

Looking forward to meeting you and hopefully some folks from CC onboard! Nice to know that another solo will be onboard!

On our recent Douro River Cruise with Uniworld - there were 14 singles! 12 females and 2 males. They all had a ball!

Cole