Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas vs. Carnival Sunshine and/or Liberty

funnyfarm9988

Liberty is one of the top Carnival ships. It was built in 2005 and refurbished in 2016.

Sunshine was built in 1996 and refurbished in 2016

Majesty was built in 1992 and refurbished in 2016

Of these, if only based on the ship, I would choose Liberty as it is the newest ship overall. But, you should consider itinerary as well, and since I don't know when you plan to cruise, I'm not sure what itineraries these ships will be doing.

I'm guessing you want a short cruise from Canaveral and have eliminated Disney from consideration.

The Carnival ships are newer .... and larger .... one can read into this, they offer more 'stuff'

Carn' goes to Nassau and either Freeport or Princess Cay depending on the cruise. Never been to Prin' Cay but can say with authority Freeport is someplace to skip ..... went there several times for both work and cruise and never enjoyed the stop.

I believe Majesty is the smallest and oldest ship in the RCCL Fleet, having replaced MONARCH here. As mentioned the C ships will have more STUFF. M' will go to Nassau (same as the C ships) and Coco Cay. CC is a tender landing and depending on the time of year can get canceled routinely. Never been to the Prin' place so don't know how this compares. We've done the quikey RCCL cruises from PC several times. When we get to Coco Cay we enjoy the beach day ... but since we live on the beach it is kinda ho hum

For ME: ... I won't sail on a Carn' ship ..... I have my reasons

We were just planning a short and inexpensive cruise in January not too far from home. We won't have kids with us and disney is a lil over what we wanted to pay. I am near Savannah so Orlando, Jacksonville and Charleston are close and possibly Tampa. Husband didn't want to go to Mexico, so we are looking east coast.