Taxi from Messina to Tarromina what did you pay?

heatherbelle

I seem to remember that taxi prices are displayed at the port.

Can anyone share the prices of what you paid and with which company if you took a tour to help me get an idea of prices.

Many thanks.

Messina to Taormina is easy to do on the train. A taxi would be very expensive, I would think. It is about a 45 min. ride on a train. When you walk out of the train station, there will be a bus pick up area that will take you to Taormina. It is a fairly short ride, but is uphill all the way. We've done this two times without any problems. Taormina is worth the trip, and you will see Mt. Etna from there.

I seem to remember that taxi prices are displayed at the port.

Can anyone share the prices of what you paid and with which company if you took a tour to help me get an idea of prices.

Many thanks.

Hello, my wife and I took a tour out of Messina last year with a company called Chauffeurs in Italy. They had a driver named Peter that was a great. He spoke fluent English and we had a great time with him when we did a tour of Etna and Taormina. He also took us to a winery near Etna for lunch and wine tasting. May be worth contacting them for info...

If you go to Taormina, don't miss the opportunity to visit Castelmola. This village perches high above Taormina and is only accessible by small buses / vans and offers superb views of the area.

We had a fabulous day with http://www.sicilywithmario.com. We started the day in Taormina, onto Castelmola then down to Taormina-by-the-sea. Later we travelled back to Messina, had lunch in a little cafe and Mario then treated us to some Silician Pastries freshly made in a little corner shop. The Silician Cannoli filled with ricotta cheese was to die for, like the guy in the final Godfather did whilst watching the opera !!!

Just over 2 years ago 4 of us jumped in a cab from messina port & went to Taormina. We had about 2 or so hours of free time there & stopped at a couple of other places for a quick photo stop. All up we were gone about 5 hours & I think we paid something like 35-40 euro's each which we negotiated at the port.

Just over 2 years ago 4 of us jumped in a cab from messina port & went to Taormina. We had about 2 or so hours of free time there & stopped at a couple of other places for a quick photo stop. All up we were gone about 5 hours & I think we paid something like 35-40 euro's each which we negotiated at the port.

Thank you, that was the info I was looking for. I meant to take a photo at the port of the cost when we returned for future reference, but I completely forgot.