Constellation Buffet

Dame Delilah

We have only sailed with Celebrity twice--once on the Infinity and more recently on the Equinox. We loved the buffet "stations" on the Equinox. We will be on a Transatlantic again in April and I'm wondering if the Constellation has the buffet stations or the old cafeteria style buffet.:rolleyes:

We have only sailed with Celebrity twice--once on the Infinity and more recently on the Equinox. We loved the buffet "stations" on the Equinox. We will be on a Transatlantic again in April and I'm wondering if the Constellation has the buffet stations or the old cafeteria style buffet.:rolleyes:

Cafeteria style with a twist. They have a second aft section that does specials such as excellent waffles in the morning.

This summer, X has been doing some experimentation on Summit in Bermuda (an M Class ship) with buffet set up and food offerings, in essence making it a lot more "station" like as on S class ships but with the limitations of the M class fixtures and setup. Lots of "pre plated" meal options for grab and go convenience, with still serve your self options where the items being served make sense.

Search the forums if you want more info.

I expect it to roll out to M class ships (which Constellation is one) once Summit leaves Bermuda for the summer. We'll see....

The S class ships put out a rather decent antipasti choice (marinated olives, marinated mushrooms, etc.) with some lovely cheeses and water crackers at the buffet. Hoping M class is following suit.

Find it interesting that the offerings vary so differently within the cruise line.

And then there were the mini cupcakes on Silhouette this past spring... Between one young lady (Head Maitre D'?)in the buffet area and the head Pastry Chef, Claudio, there were some amazing creations happening!:D

Is there a timetable for the changeover?

Old style is fine with us ...hope they have sushi in late afternoon

Noting has been announced, my guess is when Summit finishes in Bermuda they will gather and disuse what worked what didn't and how to roll it out if they found it useful. So I'd say fall/winter is best guess.

Sushi is still on offer, a rather nice spread, with them making it in front of you too.