Bali, any ideas?

lynnek

In Bali from 8am to 5pm and looking for ideas but not wanting to travel too far from the port. Any suggestions?

Kuta beach is probably your closest option. It's not the nicest beach in the South Pacific by any stretch and yet is very busy. It is a public beach, but seems safe and there are lots of seafood and other restaurants nearby.

Others go to Rice farms or cultural stuff but this is apparently a long day driving on rough roads.

Same question here. We were there on a ship's tour in 2012. The morning was wonderful: temple, traditional village, lake, rice paddies, restaurant, but after lunch we were stuck in traffic in Ubud. Awful street market with tourist junk. Don't want to repeat that. We are not interested in beaches.

So what's left for another short visit? Only the monkey forest in Ubud?

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion is to get a local tour guide. Several years ago, we used Dewa Marco and he was fantastic...very professional and reasonable. Here is my review https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297694-d6584084-r204435902-Discover_Bali_Tour_Dewa_Marco_Private_Day_Tours-Denpasar_Bali.html

You can contact him by email and he is very prompt in replying.

dewamarco@hotmail.com

hello@discoverbalitour.com

http://www.discoverbalitour.com

Don't go to Kuta Beach. Try Seminyak or Jimbaran. The Intercontinental is on Jimbaran Bay and you could enjoy drinks and food in the wonderful gardens. Just got back from there yesterday on a land trip.

I booked a trip with Halo Bike tours you will find them on trip advisor. We were picked up at the port taken by mini bus to the volcano, picked up the bikes and cycled through the most amazing countryside. We stopped to have a go in he rice fields on the way down and I don't think I peddled much at all.we finished the tour at Yoga's house where his wife had prepared lunch and for £30 it was a brilliant day out. I was part of a group who were all over 50 and some of use had not been on a bike since we were kids we thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...