Front cabin

Frozone

We are cruising Dec/Jan 2017/18. Please could you let me know what the sea conditions are likely to be? We have room the forward facing cabins right in the front of the ship. I'm wondering if this is a great idea,? Would there be a lot of motion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Frozone

We are cruising Dec/Jan 2017/18. Please could you let me know what the sea conditions are likely to be? We have room the forward facing cabins right in the front of the ship. I'm wondering if this is a great idea,? Would there be a lot of motion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You did not say where your sailing, and weather conditions can always be good or bad but if you tend to get seasick I would be as close to mid ship as possible and no higher than the 8th deck. We have been in 40 ft seas on one cruise but we don't get seasick but all activities were halted for about a day and everyone was asked to stay in their cabins. We were 8hrs late getting into Tokyo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by goldenrod

• 2 weeks later...

We once had a front facing cabin and absolutely loved it. But its a fact that it has more motion than midship cabins. If you ar not prone to seasickness its fine. We liked the motion and it gavecus the feeling of being on a ship! Usually the view is great.

IF you hit rough seas you will feel this motion more so here then midship

the forward will feel it more. the higher you go the more the motion.

If this is your first cruise i suggest midship and low to see how your sealegs adjust

My wife and I love forward suites and have almost always been in one. (We did a Haven suite on port side once).

We do not get seasick so the slight motion in seas does not bother us.

Our last Transatlantic, we had a large front penthouse and it was great. Our freinds had aft penthouse and Ownsers suites and the vibration from the engines due to running high speed at night made it uncomfortable for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in a cabin at the very front in the ship. We were sailing in the Caribbean. The first few days were rough and I was seasick for a couple of days. It was awful because when I went to the cabin to lay down, there was no escaping the motion of the ship- it was a horrible experience. With that being said, it was a small ship 30,000 tons. I've stayed very close to the front on large ships and there was no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums