Las olas boulevard - secure parking?

DISNEY GIRL

Hello Folks - after disembarking at Port Everglades, we wish to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale before driving to MIA in the evening. We are renting a minivan with Thrifty and wondered whether it was safe to park our van full of luggage in the main car park at Las Olas Boulevard for about 6 hours???

Thanks

Sandy

Hello Folks - after disembarking at Port Everglades, we wish to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale before driving to MIA in the evening. We are renting a minivan with Thrifty and wondered whether it was safe to park our van full of luggage in the main car park at Las Olas Boulevard for about 6 hours???

Thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy,:) Las Olas Blvd has metered parking. There are also

a couple of lots in the area (paid parking too).

6 hours would be almost all day. If you can find a spot

along the Blvd, put $ in the meter, you can actually see your

car all day long;)

I'm not sure if you are going to the beach or to Las Olas Blvd downtown. The Las Olas downtown area lots would be safer, especially in a lot that is staffed. I think there are a few staffed lots left, behind the south side of the blvd. During the day, you may not be able to park right on the blvd, but if you can, that would be even better.

I've parked in the manned pay lot behind Mango's. I've used the valet by the Samba Room. I've used the garage at the Riverside. I've also parked street side at night. Very little to worry about here, but use a little common sense - don't leave a laptop or large bills sitting on the dash.

I drive a convertible, and I'm usually very cautious about where I leave my car. Las Olas is nothing to worry about.

Archived