Gifting onboard credit

reeni

Hi all, We have friends who are taking a cruise to celebrate both their birthdays and his retirement. We want to gift them some onboard credit and not just give them some money. Does anyone know how we do this? I know they're on Princess,Jan 13,round trip SF/Hawaii. I don't know the cabin number as they've been upgraded a few times.

Thanks.

Hi all, We have friends who are taking a cruise to celebrate both their birthdays and his retirement. We want to gift them some onboard credit and not just give them some money. Does anyone know how we do this? I know they're on Princess,Jan 13,round trip SF/Hawaii. I don't know the cabin number as they've been upgraded a few times.

Thanks.

We bought a Princess Gift Card to give to friends taking a Princess cruise. Bought it on the Princess website. We could have it (plastic card)delivered to them or us, or we could have the gift card sent electronically to them.

I found this on the Princess website (for onboard credit gifts):

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

• 3 weeks later...
We bought a Princess Gift Card to give to friends taking a Princess cruise. Bought it on the Princess website. We could have it (plastic card)delivered to them or us, or we could have the gift card sent electronically to them.

I found this on the Princess website (for onboard credit gifts):

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

I just want to correct this as someone recently gave us a princess gift card for our upcoming cruise and we ran into problems using it. You CANNOT use a princess gift card to add or gift onboard credit, pre-pay gratuities or shorex expenses, or do pretty much anything else except pay for a portion of your actual cruise fare.

Princess customer service insists that gift cards can only be applied to your account while onboard (you have to physically bring it with you and go to passenger services on the ship). This seems silly since you can of course charge all of these things in advance to a credit card, so they have the capability. I hope they change this policy in the future.