St. Martin Catamaran with Sea Turtles?

tropicana1

Anyone know of a catamaran tour in St. Martin that snorkles with the sea turtles? I was going to do the one in St. Thomas, but there are other things I'd like to do there so I'd prefer to find one elsewhere.

I was going to go with Capt Alan, but many reviews said they go pretty fast and I would not be a fan, catamaran is more my pace lol.

Thank you in advance!

Anyone know of a catamaran tour in St. Martin that snorkles with the sea turtles? I was going to do the one in St. Thomas, but there are other things I'd like to do there so I'd prefer to find one elsewhere.

I was going to go with Capt Alan, but many reviews said they go pretty fast and I would not be a fan, catamaran is more my pace lol.

Thank you in advance!

I have seen sea turtles at turtle cove in St Thomas and at Honeymoon Bay in St John. I have never seen sea turtles in St. Maarten even during my two snorkeling trips out at Creole Rock which is known to have the best snorkeling on the island.

Sea turtles have reappeared in St. Martin. Off Tintamarre island they can be seen with a high probability. The Tiko-Tiko catamaran goes there. Be advised that the Tiko Tiko is a clothing optional operation that leaves from Club Orient.

Sea turtles have reappeared in St. Martin. Off Tintamarre island they can be seen with a high probability. The Tiko-Tiko catamaran goes there. Be advised that the Tiko Tiko is a clothing optional operation that leaves from Club Orient.

I snorkelled there last July and did not see any and the Golden Eagle crew did not mention that sea turtles were often seen there. I love sea turtles and if they are still in the area in July I will take an excursion to snorkel at Tontamare just for the chance to des them . When did you last snorkel there and see sea turtles?

Last June (2013) we were on Tintamarre for the afternoon and saw turtles. Went mostly because others said there were turtles out there. There were. We saw at least 5-6 different turtles. They start appearing at maybe 40-50 yards from the main beach on Tintamarre that faces Orient bay. Usually others are snorkeling the area so you can tell right off where they are hanging. Apparently the new public moorings for boats has allowed the sea grass they love to flourish. No longer are boat anchors dredging the bottom.

Edited by modi

Last June (2013) we were on Tintamarre for the afternoon and saw turtles. Went mostly because others said there were turtles out there. There were. We saw at least 5-6 different turtles. They start appearing at maybe 40-50 yards from the main beach on Tintamarre that faces Orient bay. Usually others are snorkeling the area so you can tell right off where they are hanging. Apparently the new public moorings for boats has allowed the sea grass they love to flourish. No longer are boat anchors dredging the bottom.

I will keep an eye on this thread until July. Hopefully there will be many more turtle sightings between now and then.:)