Hotel near Port of Miami

Chewybub

Hello all! We are in the process of getting a hotel near the Port of Miami the day before our cruise departs. Any suggestions on a good, clean hotel for a decent price? May also be interested in a airport hotel but worried about how much cab fare will be to the port.

TIA!

It would depend on your idea of a decent price. I find that hotels in Miami are quite a bit more expensive than other places in Florida. My only experience with a hotel in Miami (that still exists) is the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, but it too is usually quite expensive, but was more than adequate for me, was clean and decent. I am in the process of looking for one for my cruise in October, and since the South Beach hotels are not that much more, I am leaning toward booking one there, so I can have a mini vacation before my cruise.

The mods will probably move your thread/question to Florida boards, and I also suggest you go there to look for info. There is tons of information there, but maybe buried under a page or two.

Best of luck, and hope you find something that fits your budget, as well as where you wish to be in Miami.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Hello all! We are in the process of getting a hotel near the Port of Miami the day before our cruise departs. Any suggestions on a good, clean hotel for a decent price? May also be interested in a airport hotel but worried about how much cab fare will be to the port.

TIA!

Cab fare from the airport area is $25.

Embassy Suites near the airport is a great decent price hotel and they offer a free shuttle to the port.

EB is a new airport hotel. They do not have a shuttle but you can sometimes grab a sale price.

Cab fare from the airport area is $25.

Embassy Suites near the airport is a great decent price hotel and they offer a free shuttle to the port.

EB is a new airport hotel. They do not have a shuttle but you can sometimes grab a sale price.

Embassy Suites charged us $10pp for shuttle, unless you purchased their stay and cruise package, which essentially increased the room cost by $10 pp LOL. ES is nice and has a good free happy hour and hot breakfast, but this location is a little isolated and nothing is really within walking distance. I much prefer the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area. Still have airport free shuttles, and same cost for shuttle to port. But grocery, liquor and several drug stores in the immediate area.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Miami is definitely more expensive and it really depends on where you want to go. I believe the airport area is cheapest but have seen a lot of negative reviews from the area. I haven't been so can't comment on that area. The beaches are nice but really pricey. When I go I have pricelined a hotel and ended up in the downtown area. I've gotten a pretty good deal each time and I like that area. You can see the port from many of the hotels, Bayside is nearby which I like though it IS very touristy. Still, it's on the water and I like to sit out, have a coffee, and watch the boats. A cab ride or bus is cheap to the beach. The downside of that area is that parking costs a lot. I've stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis and this time got the Intercontinental.

Miami is definitely more expensive and it really depends on where you want to go. I believe the airport area is cheapest but have seen a lot of negative reviews from the area. I haven't been so can't comment on that area. The beaches are nice but really pricey. When I go I have pricelined a hotel and ended up in the downtown area. I've gotten a pretty good deal each time and I like that area. You can see the port from many of the hotels, Bayside is nearby which I like though it IS very touristy. Still, it's on the water and I like to sit out, have a coffee, and watch the boats. A cab ride or bus is cheap to the beach. The downside of that area is that parking costs a lot. I've stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis and this time got the Intercontinental.

If I were to stay at the airport area, the only place I would consider is the Blue Lagoon area, and most especially Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, since it is across the street from some shops.

Mirrasi, may I ask for a tip on bidding. Do you ask for 4 star downtown Miami? and how long before the cruise should one look? Is three months out good enough. I dont want to lock myself in this early, but dont mind after final payment of the cruise, since by that time, I am fairly secure that I will be going. Thanks for any tips.:)

ps...going late October

Edited by SMSACE6

TIA!

Your question requires more from me to narrow your choices......

What date? Prices can and do double depending on date.

What is your budget range? "Decent price" to you might be different for others.

How many people/kids?

When do you arrive? If you have a lot of day and evening don't stay at an airport hotel with nothing to walk to.

Answer these and you'll get better ideas.

Flying into MIA or FLL would also help to narrow down the suggestions.

None of the downtown Miami hotels (closest area to the port of Miami) offer free airport or port shuttles, so except for a few budget places near the MIA airport you'll be paying for a taxi (or shuttle) either way.

Mirrasi, may I ask for a tip on bidding. Do you ask for 4 star downtown Miami? and how long before the cruise should one look? Is three months out good enough. I dont want to lock myself in this early, but dont mind after final payment of the cruise, since by that time, I am fairly secure that I will be going. Thanks for any tips.:)

ps...going late October

If you want to stay downtown without knowing the hotel, then yes choose downtown 4 stars. Go to betterbidding.com and check out the hotel lists for priceline BIDDING. Since you are traveling off peak, I'd bid no sooner than a couple months out.

I'd use lastminutetravel.com which is cancellable. So you can book now and cancel up to 3 day's before your stay. We rarely bid on Pl anymore because of this. And really good rates too.

Edited by eandj

If you want to stay downtown without knowing the hotel, then yes choose downtown 4 stars. Go to betterbidding.com and check out the hotel lists for priceline BIDDING. Since you are traveling off peak, I'd bid no sooner than a couple months out.

I'd use lastminutetravel.com which is cancellable. So you can book now and cancel up to 3 day's before your stay. We rarely bid on Pl anymore because of this. And really good rates too.

Thank you so much for this....! Answers all my questions and concerns, and I am registered with lmt . com, so will keep monitoring that till the time comes that I feel ready to book. thanks again:)